Game update 02 - Render Distance... IMPROVED?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by QuantumMechanic, Feb 3, 2013.

1. QuantumMechanic

Ok, I've put a few hours into this patch. I didn't notice this until I got around to attacking the crown but... I swear I see enemy infantry from farther away than I did before.

Is it just me? Am I drunk? Post your experiences, please.

I'm going to switch to defending the crown now, which is what I'm more used to. Let's see if I see guys from farther away there, too.
  2. HadesR

Hmmm not sure ... When I first logged into the game after the patch it was to an Amp station battle and OMG the render was crap .. But outside of busy fights it does seem a lot further .. Been sniping ppl close to a hex away
  3. Nathaniak

Let's hope.
  4. Diamond Sword

Despite the other issues this update has created, I have not noticed a single render issue. The only time I have been killed by someone that didn't render was when I encountered an under-the-map exploiter.
  5. -lOldboyl-

Just had a minor battle at Ti alloys, infantry were pop in-out at 30-50m. It was an utter mess.
  6. QuantumMechanic

Well, I was sniped earlier by a guy who didn't render. And now I'm defending the crown, and it's just not a big fight at all. No reason for the culling system to even kick in.

Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part. Somebody please prove me wrong.
  7. QuantumMechanic

SOE also ninja nerfed /who with this patch. I'm not happy about that.
  8. Xandax

It was improved for me when playing shortly after servers went up, significantly in some situations, less so in others - but offset by the difficulty in sniping with 1-10 FPS and slideshow experience.
  9. Duvenel

Neither am I, I use this a lot to give me a rough guestimate as to how many people(friendlies and non-friendlies) are in the hex/area. But it seems that the render distance might be 'slightly' better?
  10. SenEvason

From what I can tell, it did improve, but only slightly.
  11. Vibe

Nope, most definitely did not improve. Was the same crap in the big battle I was in yesterday, people disappearing at 30m