Worst game I've ever invested in.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by audiodistortion, Feb 3, 2013.

1. audiodistortion

I think it's time we all agree this game is doomed. I've just uninstalled after pumping about £50 into it since launch.

Thanks for ruining what was a fun game at the start (even with all the performance issues)

I'll remember this experience, thanks SOE.
    • Up x 8
  2. XRIST0

Yep they ruined it for me too , the game runs worse than it ever has .. Worse than the beta infact , amateur devs .
  3. GroovyGoo

First thing I do in these situations is BREATH. Ok now that we got that done with and my nerd rage is over. What is wrong with this game from before this patch? Is it just one day of performance issues? After being a seasoned MMO player I guess I'm used to patch days having issues.
    • Up x 4
  4. dr_Fell

Dozens of bugs that aren't fixed for weeks if not for months, new bugs introduced with most new patches, engine not scaling well on multicore processors.
    • Up x 4
  5. G0RGAK

SOE take a look @ world of tanks, they make updates, test them, then release them and they actually WORK!

U guys have nfi!

I'm heading back to wot until u can fix your game, ffs how u fix 1 problem and create 10 is beyond me...
    • Up x 1
  6. jbonedastinky

I just upgraded my system to some nice things a few weeks ago gtx650ti 16gb ram amd-a8 5500, I had my friends over to play Ps2 because they been oggleing at how awesome it runs on this machine, now after patch my FPS SUX, the game has got me thinking my brand new comp I just upgraded is now not enough for this game, I am seeing a ton of stuff about ppl having fps issues I really hope it gets fixed cuase to not be able to play(low fps in battle as many have noted) with the comp I have I think Is uacceptable I was running it fine two days ago, im new to planetside and this does not bode well for a newcomer I had other players who were interestd in joining me but now they c u release patches that decrease fps and cuase other bugs, im no noob to patch bugs trust me but ive never seen my FPS get hit so hard , cuase I was really enjoying the game
  7. Killjoy2503

i'm raging pretty nerd over this game too

I bought Alpha Squad, because I was confident back then. Now gradually I see the lies i've been fooled into (lies that come from the Sony media department) Large scale battles my ***, the max that will render is 50 infantry units, and the circle around me in which I can see enemies will be about 10-20 meters... I see hordes of enemies popping out of seemingly empty space.

Feeling sorry I've spent money on this game more and more. This'll be the last Sony game that I have spent money on. I'm also encouraging everybody to stop spending money on PS2. Because it will not be worth your while.
    • Up x 4
  8. Markelot

No Elder Scrolls vets here? Kotor 1 and 2? Vampire Masquerade? The balancing issues of Starcraft 1 and 2. list could go on and on.

This game is a little over 2 months old and pre patch it was very enjoyable. They made a bad call with this patch so they're gonna fix it. Lets give the devs constructive criticism and feedback. Not another "i just lost my patience" thread.
    • Up x 6
  9. ZardozSpeaksToForums

Shh, we don't talk about that.
  10. Kenuat

One bad patch doesn't mean the game is ruined, many successful mmos started with that.
    • Up x 3
  11. Skuggi

THIS is what a lot of people don't get who are new to the MMO scene. Like you don't raid on tuesdays in WoW lol.
    • Up x 3
  12. Markelot

Oh come on :). After how many years did they fix Oblivion? Oh right, A FAN PATCH DID :D.
    • Up x 2
  13. GroovyGoo

I'm also having FPS issues. But trying a freash install of the game to see if that helps.

And as for bugs and things that are not fixed yet. It takes time and money to do those things. Like all bugs SOE has to indentify and priortize them. Now what I think of as a ground breaking bug might not be so bad as to what the team behind fixing these. Something I think about when I see bugs in a game I relize that there is probaly a small team working on it . SOOOOO If SOE has a 5 man team working on bugs with an average pay of lets say 30k a year. I can then say to my self OK if one bug takes a month to fix then SOE would have spent over $12,000 in payroll for one month just to fix that bug. Not including the hardware to fix the problems that would come up. And I'm sure the team working on fixes for bugs is working on multiple things at a time. So when I see my toon's jump jets not working or the gun does not play the correct sound. I think damn thats gonna cost a bit to fix.

And rember I just pulled some simple numbers at ya to get ya in perspective. In truth those guys probaly make a bitt more then 30k plus a manager. And the team could be larger or smaller.
  14. D-Spirith

I wish there was a thumbs down button but what so ever.

The game is still being optimised and upgraded, it is common for new projects, especially MMO. Even with my gear i sometimes run into a trouble, but i get over it and just wait. Be patient and stop barking.
    • Up x 2
  15. MANBURGERS

fixed that for you

2 threads is dual, more than two is multi, this game doesn't scale beyond 2
    • Up x 2
  16. ArcKnight

most MMO's didn't have patch's that says a bug has been fixed and when you play you find out the bugs is still there and also new bugs got added
    • Up x 1
  17. hammyhamm

*audiodistortion furiously crosses higby off birthday invitation list*
  18. Turelle

I take it you've never played an MMO before? Patch day is always bug day.
    • Up x 3
  19. dr_Fell

I consider it unkind to change others words and show it as their quotes. On the other side, You are indeed right here. I Turned off 2 cores some days ago and performance was exactly the same as with 4 cores.
  20. husse

well if they cant make game work good at dual core so how they could manage to make it work on multi? :D