Rollback ...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by forumposting, Feb 2, 2013.

1. forumposting

Its a hard decision, but it is necessary. Returning the game to its more fluid state, would give people a better gameplay experience despite the great base revamps and changes from the patch. Live testing like this is a headache for everyone, devs and players alike. Its a huge patch, with numerous anomalies that should be sorted out on a test server, because it will take some time.
    • Up x 8
  2. REPHER

yup... if you guys need testers give me a job! lol
  3. Otulien

Shh... Can't you see the dev's are sleeping? don't want to wake them up now.

But yes, I agree. The amount of utter poo that went on today practically screams rollback. However, wether the Dev's hear it or not ultimately depends on how deep they sleep.

Nice name though. very... literal.
    • Up x 2
  4. ZardozSpeaksToForums

What will become of those unfortunate souls who purchased SMGs?
  5. REPHER

zardoz is a negative nancy... just saying
  6. FirstPersonWinner

I don't see a reason that they should unpatch the patch to retest it and reinstate the patch.The whole reason they did this so quickly was because everyone was crying about how unfair defense was and how spawn camping was a a pain, etc. Now they fixed that and there are some FPS issues and other very minor bugs they can fix by the end of the week. OR they can remove the entire update so people stop crying.
  7. Voodoo4500

The SOE CEO will be spending your money to buy drinks when he goes cruising on his yacht
  8. ZardozSpeaksToForums

Is it because I made a face at you.
  9. Otulien

Hmm.. Hopefully they would have record of who purchased SC, and hence it would be refunded. Hopefully.
  10. Apneal

Rollback is unnecessary. The patch is great, it just has a COUPLE of serious bugs that wont take long to fix. Sure there may be a series of minor bugs but they are not as large as the problems this patch has FIXED.

So stop crying. Please.
  11. sudosteve

Agreed... Rollback+ test server would be ideal. Well, ideal short of a hotfix that actually fixes the major issues(still would love to see test servers regardless)
    • Up x 1
  12. ZardozSpeaksToForums

I would say guns not firing bullets in a game where the goal is to shoot your opponent is not just a "serious" bug; it is the fabled game-breaking bug of legend.
    • Up x 4
  13. Mattsville1

I honestly can't believe they released such a massively big patch in one go instead of like 5 or 10 smaller patches.

it is so much harder to troubleshoot bugs when you've got so many things you've changed at once.
    • Up x 1
  14. Hatamoto

Not being able to fire tank/turret guns are considered minor bugs now .. Wow ok. Is SOE making a profit entierly on its devoted fanboy playerbase?
  15. Apneal

Exactly. I honestly don't think this "game breaking" bug will persist beyond me waking up tomorrow. Just dont drive a tank or man a turret in the meantime.
  16. Apneal

Take a moment to reflect and feel stupid.
    • Up x 4
  17. Otulien

Although I agree with your post, Just a heads up - there's this thing called an edit button. Saves you from making two posts.
  18. Drenzul

And the fact for about 50% (guess from my experiences tonight and talking to people) the game is completely unplayable due to FPS stuttering like crazy and major warping going on.....

Thats more than a little game-killing.......
  19. Hatamoto

What are you on about? Take some time to reflect over why a patch that stops guns from shooting in an fps is left on the live servers .. Good night sleep tight eh? What does the amount of bugs have to do with anything if they break half of the games combat mechanics? This is turning into a freaking circus, gameside and forumside. The issues were apparently so easy to fix that they are still deployed on the servers.
  20. ScarHunter

signed and agree

roll it back

game was playing fine before the 02 update now it's just time to find something else to play until it's fixes