ARC Bioengineering Fights... How do they work?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Compass, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Compass

So, I'm on Helios, which doesn't have a lot of Indar warpgating action. I've never been to ARC Bioengineering before today.

What exactly do these fights look like? I mean, getting there was a nightmare for me in the Prowler. Do you have to fly aircraft in to get there? Because it looks unsafe for a Sunderer or any sort of ground vehicle. Please enlighten me or post a video so I can understand this tactically viable location.
  2. vrcarnage

Travle through the back of your wargate ;). Other wise it will be h3ll for a prowler.
  3. Compass

I know I can travel there. But I mean like, when VS owned it. How would TR and NC cap this? Would they drive along the south edge, which is very dangerous? Or can they fly through the western side? And can you fly over the warp gate hex area itself towards the south?
  4. vrcarnage

Oh its easy to take.

You move a couple sundy in place towards the back when your army is 2 hex out. When you get the hex over you spawn a decent amount of troops there and get ready to hold it. If you can hold it until you guys get there then you are good. It's easier to hold w/ troops then tanks. Only one way in for the enemy and thats the south edge.

Take w/ troops and air. Thats the easies way. If you get tanks in you get tanks lol.
  5. DarkestMan

It's probably the hardest base to cap in the game actually imo. It stopped NC from capping Indar on Connery despite almost overwhelming odds.
  6. Thorindar

And it was a glorious battle. NC streaming down the hill straight into TR LMG and rocket fire, and then the counter-charge.....Today was a good day to fight with the TR on Connery
  7. vrcarnage

Yea we held indar for months on waterson. Thats becasue TR was to dee de dee to move on the ARC until the last hex. By that time you have 500+ players in that location and your not comming in @ that point.

You have to push and take it early and not as one of the last.
  8. ritual

The trick is to go in with a gal or two while the enemy is distracted fighting at HVAR or Indar Bay or something, cap it, and get ready to defend the **** out of it.
  9. Kapernum

This is my first time at ARC as well. It seems cozy. I might settle here.
  10. xMihr

We've had some epic battles today, was a complete blast trading blows with the TR. Glad to hear ARC was being pushed, was told in another thread it was a ghost town during the failed warpgate, think I was a victim of TR propaganda!
  11. Thorindar

Yeah the fight took place 5-6 hours ago. We were down to our last territory and had several platoons worth of TR spawn there and prepare for the NC push. The NC made it as far as the bottom of the cliffs and then were pushed back. What hurt the NC push was their main force attacked across a trench and got bogged down in it as TR fired from cover and had easy pickings of anyone on the faces of the cliffs. If the NC had gotten a platoon or so worth of tanks onto the cliffs and out DPSed the TR HA's they might of been able to take the base.
  12. xMihr

Does it make for a fun defence? I'm sad I couldn't be there for the push, was busy blasting away at Ceres. When warp gates rotate again the smurfs will be in your shoes and ARC has such a stigma to it.
  13. DukeFlash

ARC Bioengineering Fights... How do they work?

[IMG]
  14. Llaf

As far as I've heard the actual fight takes place a good 100-200 meters away from the base, on the hills, with the defending empire using the out of bounds warpgate hex to their advantage to blow attackers to pieces from their flank.
  15. Thorindar

It was probably the best defense I was apart of tonight. While Ceres/Peris/etc are fun, they are a little too open to be defended like ARC can be. With Arc you have to attack down the sides of near cliffs and across several large-small trenches to reach the base. With that much distance to cover and given that one cannot come from the rear, the defenders can really focus. The fewer angles of attack the more fun the defense can be. Also its worth noting that we were very organized in our defense with several platoons as well as orders being broadcasted on /re which helped immensely in focusing the TR army.
  16. Accuser

I'm not sure how you're supposed to take a territory with a warpgate border early, rather than as one of the last.
    If the defenders are paying attention, you aren't taking ARC Bio. They'll destroy the terms so you can't pull new Sunderers, destroy your Sundies with air, and decimate anything trying to follow the one-lane slanted 'road' of death. Attacking air support is impossible due to defending flak/ESFs protected by their warpgate bubble.

ARC Bio is only lost by empires paying no attention to it whatsoever. A single Outfit can hold it against an enemy empire.
    • Up x 1