Standing on a vehicle means certain death...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InvalidCast, Feb 2, 2013.

1. InvalidCast

With the new update if you stand on top of a vehicle and it moves at all you will die....

I'm hoping this is a bug because C4 for LA just became a lot less useful. Drifters will still be ok but good luck trying to drop 2 c4 on an MBT with the jump jets.
  2. ritual

They don't even have to move, friendly deployed sunderers cause this to happen as do deployed prowlers.
  3. Jetlag

I have also experienced this bug since the latest patch.

Parked my magsnail next to one of the new outpost spawn rooms.
    Jumped from the top of spawn room (about 3 meters) onto my magrider.
    Caused a suicide death.

I have also seen other posters claiming that they are dieing from touching base turrets.
  4. Onetoo

Just experienced this today; I hope it is fixed soon.
  5. Nyscha

I died from entering a room earlier, I went against the doorway and instant died.

???
  6. Teykila

i jumped on my Flash from upstairs and.... "nope.avi" you're dead
  7. Tapioca Express

jumping up and down ontop of an engineer turret causes massive damage but wont kill you. It just leaves you in the red with like 3 bars of hp.
  8. t31os

Admittedly, i dislike this change also, i don't like the idea that i'm going to have to keep taking damage from something as innocent as standing on a vehicle, or an aircraft for that matter. What exactly is the issue with being able to stand atop a vehicle or aircraft?
  9. control-z

They probably don't want people mass-riding tanks, sunderers, or aircraft. Which would be a lot of fun.
  10. Cl1mh4224rd

You already couldn't do that effectively, because you were never carried along with the vehicle. You always had to run in the direction of the vehicle and it couldn't go any faster than infantry run speed.

And I don't think they have a real problem with people on vehicles, because one of the videos they played during the UES showed TR jump-padding onto a hovering Galaxy and even a Prowler on top of a Galaxy.
  11. Compass

Some NC infiltrator tried to walk up to my deployed tank to bother me. He touched my tank and died. I saw the roadkill, was like @_@ WHAT WHERE HUH?! panicked, unanchored, and drove away. Saw his body as I was backing up.