[Video]Patch 02 introduced extreme FPS drops - Game is unplayable

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HappyWeapons, Feb 2, 2013.

1. HappyWeapons

Please note that Fraps takes away a good 20-30 FPS, which means that my average fps is between 40 and 50.
    I havent had any issues like this prior patch, and now the entire game is like this:

As you can see the issue is not produced by graphical load since there are barely a few people strolling around on the screen. The FPS values go crazy though.
    I had the hunch that we will be fixing the game a lot after this patch too, but i wouldnt have guessed that we will start with a graphical issue that reduces the entire game to unplayable.
    • Up x 3
  2. Varen

If fraps takes away around 20-30 fps, and you're at around 10, well, that means you usually have 30-40 fps. That's not bad?
  3. DustyMonolith

Cycle just posted about ten minutes ago that they're on it, thank goodness. Fingers crossed it's something fairly simple.
  4. Christo92K

It's a lot worse, last update was more stable and playable, In the largest battles I had about 20-25 fps.

Now in an empty one it's down to that. What?
    I can't even aim anymore.
    • Up x 1
  5. Propovednik

Same problem here - me and few of my outfit mates have problems with FPS, in time all the rest are ok. Please fix that.
  6. superkabii

Even on my laptop, I managed to play in large battles with medium settings with slight OC.

Now getting maybe 5 FPS in small fights.
  7. HappyWeapons

Not is not, if you disregard the fact that i am dropping to 5 FPS 6 times in 10 seconds for no apparent reason.
    There is nothing on the screen that would justify this and boom suddenly down to 7 FPS from 46
    • Up x 1
  8. Firesalamander

My Frames go down from 40-50 (alone) to ZERO when I approach a small battle. Was ok before this patch.
    • Up x 3
  9. Zakuak

bingo, yes that's what I am seeing
  10. Tantrumus

Pretty soon the folks that don't have problems will come in here and start blaming your systems.... when it worked fine before.
  11. World0War

I go from 60 fps to 10 fps on my system. WTF. Can they rollback this update please?
  12. DustyMonolith

Guess it wasn't as simple a fix for them as I had been hoping for :(

I've spent all afternoon tweaking my ini in case there was something simple on our end that could work around this issue but I finally give up. An afternoon of chopping and stuttering my way into my enemy's bullets is all I can take. Hopefully they figure something out by tomorrow.
  13. Jests

Yup. This is exactly what I have.
  14. AnotherNoob

to me it seems it occurs when I get in to a tank, or when there are other tanks around, if that has anything to do with it. I think I see a change to the armor plates on it, maybe they are bugged or some ****? really weird, and the weirdest thing is, even though fps was low before, at least it was consistent. Now I am getting 60 fps one second, then 10 the next, for no apparent reason. And then back to 60 the next second. and so on...