Patch is 4.4 gigs!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fluff, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Kediec

Might want to realise that some countries use the . where others will use the ,
    So the poster did in fact mean " 4.4GB " in that instance.
    Same as some words are spelled differently between countries using the " same " language.
  2. eXpo

I'm from the UK :D and so people should direct their moaning towards their ISPs, not SOE.
  3. MrK

I would love to simply be able to upgrade, Mr Lesson giver.
    Simply put, I can't. The only option I have at hand is ADSL with 4+km distance to the closest DSLAM. That's a top 2Mbps line. 4.4G is going to take me more than a full night of download.

So yeah, I'm not really happy to have to postpone any PS2 playing time I could have had this week-end.
    It's not so the size, maybe the changes made mean 4.4G, I'm more angry about the timing.
    Patching during week-end is just asking for trouble.
    Less people at work to handle the numerous issues raising with a patch
    More players playing on week-end, so ofc, more angry players that can't play.

I don't get their timing
  4. Brissles

I'm aware of that. Doesn't make it any less silly.

You're not educating me.
  5. eXpo

I'm not saying people should be happy, but its not SOE's fault that everyone doesnt have unlimited speed/downloads etc. People should direct their efforts towards their ISP. As I said, in this day and age a 4.4GB download isn't even considered "large".

Regarding the timing, maybe they've just finished it and wanted to release it asap considering they've already had to postpone the release. Also when the servers are back up, more people = more testing the new features, more feedback etc.
  6. Syylara

I swear people just enjoy conspicuously flaunting their ISP speeds and look down their noses at others out of a compulsive need to compensate for their raging insecurity issues.

Stroke your ego somewhere else.
  7. ottomanhero

Wish that 4.4 gigs had more stuff patched, its annoying how that 4.4 gigs were filled with unoptimized patches, causing a lot of fps loss...
  8. eXpo

Haha I never even said my ISP speed and Im not looking down at anyone. I'm just saying, people should direct their anger at their ISPs and not SOE. Get a grip.
    • Up x 1