Patching File Size and Bandwidth

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Silver Pepper, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Cryless

I don't wanna be an a**hole or something (I really don't!) but it's not their fault that u have a slow connection
  2. Stordito

can't go faster than 10mbits/s anyway.
    4 gb would be 6-7 minutes with my nominal bandwidth.
    steam can handle 100mbps :( .

edit: ok they locked it to 10mbps max i can almost confirm that.
  3. Ev3ntHorizon

just play with your bandwidth priorities you can get the patch runing through about 90% of your total DL and keep some useable internet, just dont try you tube in the meantime

Patch at 40% been patching for 36mins at the time of this post
  4. KariH

Aproximately 2 % per minute. Makes a hour here also.
  5. HubschrauBaer

There are parts of "hossin tree" files in this patch.... looks if they prepare the next big thing to come.. ;-) This could explain the size of the patch.
  6. BenYeeHua

PhysX 3;)
  7. BenYeeHua

No need in Malaysia, they has the ads in the TV.
    But 2 years now, and it still don't come to most main city...
    They just using that money on the ads...
  8. HubschrauBaer

This would be cool.... :thumb:
  9. XRIST0

Do want !

I regret buying amd cards =(
  10. Dubious

Graphics card is the only thing AMD know how to do properly, better than nvidia..
  11. Hydragarium

Let me answer your painfully stupid question with another one.

Would you want to send out gigabytes of pointless data to a massive horde of players when you're paying for the bandwidth and servers to host the files on? ... yeah no.
  12. BenYeeHua

This
    http://physxinfo.com/news/10338/phy...-enabled-in-planetside-2-with-upcoming-patch/
    Yup, but it lack of people and resource to improve their driver.
    And also need using some low level access to using GCN to processing more data just like CUDA in Nvidia.
  13. A80501-60

Took me like 15 minutes to download on crusty old copper lines :p
  14. Aleios1

Wow and I thought being in Australia sucked for internet. Sure we get these "quota" scams but damn is my net fast. Never mind the fact that I am on fibre :)
  15. irishroy

[IMG]
  16. Falzs

I know your pain OP, for i too have 200kb/s internet. The worst part is the maximum available, since copper cable speed is limited by how far from your house the ISP decides to set up their equipment. Sometimes we're unlucky to live far from dslams and throwing more money their way won't ever get you faster speeds.

And it just get worse and worse, as games increase in size... Looks like 10 GB is the "normal" size today. The other day i was downloading Rage off steam and was surprised to find out that's over 17 GB in size. Living is suffering.
  17. BenYeeHua

And so bad the ISP and govs don't give the money to the real man to upgrade the Internet speed.