INFILTRATOR loadouts?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by lslogin, Jan 31, 2013.

1. lslogin

I might get the EMP if it starts to do more than it does arm. I think decoys may be more useful?
  2. lslogin

Why silencer with the longshot? Does that not have insane bullet drop?
  3. VoidC

Who else also feels uncomfortable by using suppressor on Nyx?
    I do a lot off defense and CQB last weeks. Here is my loadout:

Nyx: NV/NS / 2x reflex, laser, suppressor.
    Manticore: Laser, suppressor
    EMP (use only on largy groups as support for people on my side, or if I feel it worth 50 resources)
    2 Proxy Mines
    Hunter Cloak 5
    Recon, Hacking, Ammo belt 4

However, the more I play, the more I feel the difference between suppressed and not suppressed Nyx.
    I don't know is it hit detection, too slow speed (< 500) or maybe damage degradation !? It feels strange.
    Compensator works fine, but then my hip COF goes up, since I use often ADS. I'm okay with that.
    Yesterday I tried without barrel attachment and it works also fine. Yes I know sound / mini map show up, but on the other side in CQB I always on the move trying to flank and look for new possible target. Maybe its just a placebo effect of firing sound ...
    Suppressed Nyx is very very quiet.
    I got also Phantom, but don't use it till I get my Auraxium medal for Nyx. < 150 to go.

Does anyone had similar experience?

Midrange DM/sniping I use V10, no attachments. And long range sniping with 12x. I will go to lower scopes, since I try to decrease my mouse sensitivity step by step. V10 will be replaced by Parallax and maybe Ghost for midrange.
  4. drNovikov

The bullet drop is not that bad. At maximum infantry rendering distance it is still within scope dots. I often find myself surrounded by enemies, so silencer literally saves my life and help me take enemy's. I kill 20-30 guys before one of them decides to check their own base with a nightvision :) They don't see me on a radar.

One day I was hiding below a TR sunderer :)

Yes, the aiming becomes more demanding. But it makes the game more interesting.
  5. Deschain

I have 1 question, does anyone use nano armour cloak?
  6. noushichan

No.
  7. Timeraider

Both decoys as well as EMP are useless atm. Only reason i use EMP is because it removes the HUD.. combine that with having the cosmetical look which they cant distuinguish and thus think im one of their allies + the fact that they cant see the name or arrows for a nice time after EMP got in. makes it so that i can kinda blend in quickly and then rampage around, knifing, shooting and at last mining all of them to death before slipping away to regen health/shield and after hacking/using a terminal, i get a new grenade and i repeat this.
    Works great to clear basepoints quickly.
  8. Wobberjockey

they are cloaked, but you can still make out the outlines of the crosshair in the form of a distortion.

so they are still somewhat functional, but it is not a clean, black +
  9. Dalistro

Dam I was hoping you had a way to get it to work.
    Guess I have to get quicker at decloaking and aiming then!
  10. Bluetalon

Almost excatly the same as what I run. Though I prefer the supressor on my Stalker for some shadow games.

The nano-armor cloak is a bit ineffective in a CQC environment. You only get an extra 25% EHP and only when cloaked. My thoughts are if an Infiltrator is spotted not on their terms then they are usually dead.
  11. Khethatipet

I really only stick to one loadout.

- Artemis (full auto scout rifle) w/ 2x reflex sight, fore grip, and compensator
    - Manticore w/ suppressor
    - Hacking 4
    - Hunter Cloak 3
    - Grenade Bandolier 1 (this is the only thing that may change, to Flak Armor 3... it's saved my life a few times)
    - 2x Frag Grenades
    - 1x AP mine

Intended use is infantry spam/base breaker in conjunction with Flash scout radar and even more grenades.
  12. Crewell

I've been holding off on upgrading my Stalker mostly because I want to see how it compares with the new SMGs. For CQC Definitely get a suppressor for both guns (pistol first) and AP mines (2 ranks). Get at least 3 ranks of hunter cloak to keep it up as much as possible.
  13. DrTeeth

For (TR) infiltrating right now I use this loadout:

- HSR 1 (semi scout) w/ IRNV sight, laser
    - Repeater w/ silencer, laser
    - EMP grenades w/ Grenade Bandolier
    - Claymores

In the past I'd really come down against the semi scout - the SOAS-20 auto scout was faster firing and the KSR-35 semi sniper hit harder. But I've found the HSR-1 is a great balance between them.

Being able to use the laser makes it useful for close range emergencies, whilst the damage and lack of sway let's me do decent damage at medium range. With the IRNV, if I can't see it I don't engage it, which prevents me from getting frustrated by the damage fall-off. The IRNV also makes the target very clear and can see through smoke.

Two headshots kill reliably, so I can do sneaky kills on AFKers in much the same way as a proper sniper, if I'm close enough. I usually 'infiltrate' along with my outfit, so to help them take cap points, generators etc I use the EMP grenades. If I do it right I can take down people very very quickly with EMP + scout.

For sniping I use the usual:

- RAMS 50M w/ silencer, extra magazine pouches
    - Repeater w/ silencer, laser
    - EMP grenade (I just like 'em!)
    - Med / Resto kits
  14. MrIDoK

Let's see...
    My standard loadout is:
    - 99sv (completely standard, no attachments, maybe i'll get the silencer)
    - Repeater (silencer+laser)
    - Frag Grenade
    - Claymore

My sniping loadout:
    - M77-B (with 12x or 8x optic)
    - Repeater (same as before)
    - Frag Grenade
    - Med Kit or Claymore

My "infiltration" loadout:
    - TSAR-42 (with 4x optic and silencer)
    - Repeater (same)
    - Frag Grenade
    - Claymore

I plan on buying the second Claymore and i'm waiting patiently for the EMP grenade to gain some usefullness, then my loadouts are complete.
    Also, as soon as i get the TRAC5S i'll start saving up for the KSR-35 to use as an alternative to the TSAR in more crowded places, where i don't have the option of complete stealthiness.
  15. Wobberjockey

i'll see about getting a youtube video for you.
    it's still usable you just need a bit more screen awareness
  16. Benevon

Currently, I have two of my three load outs that I use the most.

Sniping:
    RAMS .50 - 12x scope (some say it's useless to go that high, I like it, lets hope the new render slider helps)
    Repeater - Suppressor, laser dot
    Frag Grenade
    Claymore

I actually end up using this one A LOT more for infiltrating as well, just switch to my pistol and find the medics and snipers. That claymore placed after running around a corner with somebody chasing me has saved my rear a few times. This one lends better to my playstyle, giving me decent flexibility.

"Infiltrating":
    HSR-1 - Suppressor, laser dot
    Repeater - Suppressor, laser dot
    Frag Grenade
    Claymore

Again, I don't actually use this one nearly as much unless I can easily get to a terminal. Gonna test out the SMG on this loadout.