So Helios NC tried to do a server first and cap Indar

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jeuvisage, Feb 1, 2013.

1. jeuvisage

Outfit leaders had been advertising this event for well over a week. We typically have a population advantage over the other factions and did so again tonight. Want to guess what happened?

[IMG]

The excuse of the leaders of the platoon I was in? Settings were not optimal, specifically the patch was delayed.... Personally I blame NC being full of prepubescent boy.
  2. Deeox2

Warpgate Rotations. Need them.
  3. AnnPerkins

you and the vanu pushed TR together until you realized that it's possible for NC and vanu to fight each other and then TR pushed you back to the mid part of the map like always?
  4. Dubious

NC will own Indar with warpgate rotation
  5. vilehydra

The northern warpgate has a great offensive capability, It has a horrible defensive capability.
    As soon as we grab crimson bluff/palisade and west highlands/quartz ridge we have the ability to wreak havoc.
    The only problem is that a competent defending force can hold us back along the massive ridge on NC side.
    Also when we're hit inwards we have practically no defensive terrain. You see that giant ravine directly to the west of the North warpgate? If the SW warpgate gets to connory and defends it it's almost impossible to take back because it requires all tanks and sundy to bottleneck very far north.
  6. ROMNEYTRON

I'm one of the Outfit leaders who tried to pull this off and here's my input:

1. We weren't communicating effectively at all.
    2. Some Outfits frankly weren't doing their job.
    3. We did this in PRIMETIME
    4. There was an Outfit at WG flipping and slamming our aircraft. I will not name them.

In all honestly, Helios is unique in the sense that it is not dominated by a single, massive NC Outfit. We have coordinate several, medium sized Outfits separately to be effective. This leads to countless logistical problems especially when it comes to communication and completion of tasks. It will be very difficult for us to pull anything off when we're just a bunch of "city-states" so to speak.
  7. XParagonX

its always a purple gang ****. NC always pushes into west and TR always pushes to alla bio lab, and hvar.

Don't start this crap about vanu and nc learning they can fight each other. We fight you and NC off all day pretty much.

Can't wait till map rotation, and purple isn't in the gang bang spot

The northeastern part of the map is hardly ever any action. The Center part of the map, and southern sections are always full of action.

they did it at prime time, that was the reason they failed. that was just plain moronic.
  8. Dubious

The fact is that the SE gate should be the highest point on the map, not the lowest

The north base lays on a seabed, but is higher up than the SE one..
  9. ROMNEYTRON

To be fair, this map shows what happened after most of the major NC Outfits logged off.
  10. FateJH

At the moment, the NC and the VS almost have the TR Warp Gated and don't seem to be fighting each other.
    Since they're almost at their goal, I expect to see everything fall apart again once they start fighting each other. or maybe one side is ready to pull an all-nighter just to get the satisfaction.