New cloaks Inc (Fri NFO)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Bloodmyth, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Bloodmyth

Just in, they have mentioned they have some new cloak designs inc like a permanent cloak when not moving and other ideas, no eta but it is definitely coming, source: 2 hours into Friday 2nd NFO
  2. icesail

So pretty much what we already knew from Beta.... <sigh>

But glad it at least got brought up
  3. Dr. Euthanasia

Why do I get the ominous feeling that it's not going to be completely invisible even when you're not moving at all?

I already have people see through my cloak at its lowest level of visibility. Being able to hide for longer isn't much consolation by itself if I still can't count on the thing to actually hide me when I'm using it properly.
  4. icesail

You know, at this point, I think we need to just give up on the cloak and ask for other tools.

Lets start asking for a IFF jammer instead of a cloak. I would rather not have any doritos ever over my head, them the cloak we have at the moment.... of course I am sure I would get TKed even more them I already am. Think about it, with that thing on, you would never have a dorito... blue nor red....

Also, we should get the usage of the drifter jetpack, even if we were unable to cert it pass level 1.

So, IFF jammer ability for suit slot and drifter.

With those 2, I would not need a cloak at all for infiltrating!!!!!

Obviously we still need more objectives to do, besides killing people, once we infiltrate :p
  5. Sylvanicus

While the cloaks at the moment feel lacking, I would agree that I'd prefer something else first, some kind of utility. Not just a personal utility either, but something that can help my squad, not just me. Don't know what that'd be, but as an infiltrator, it's often hard to feel like you're contributing anything to the squad as a whole.
  6. Dr. Euthanasia

I disagree, on the basis that tools and features implemented in the future should be balanced around us having an effective cloak rather than the utterly horrible close-range selection we currently have, and not the other way around. The utility you're asking for is incredibly important, but I would still rather see it show up a patch later, if it being in the same patch as some dramatic improvements to our cloaking ability wasn't possible already.
  7. nkenny

They should implement dual wielding for infiltrator weapons!

-k
    • Up x 2
  8. Nimas

DEAR GOD YES
  9. Kulantan

If your squad isn't screaming at you to put down radar darts and hack terminals then they are doing it wrong. My outfit often drops (gal or otherwise) into a base and gets our infiltrator to hack a vehicle terminal to grab a sundy. When you're taking out a gen or capping an outbase with a small squad in a large fight being able to see enemies coming with the darts is fantastic.
  10. Nimas

that was for the cloak by the way. I can probably find some things to complain about (but mostly thats a problem with objectives which is honestly a problem for all classes) but right now, I'm just happy they acknowledged that the cloak might have been, all things considered, maybe not perfect, in certain situations.
  11. ArcMinuteLight

I'm sure the light assaults will have no problem with this!
  12. Nimas

Please no on the dual wield. We don't need more killing power, we need more disruptive power. Things like jamming minimap, messing with vehicles (not gaining control of, because I know SOE isn't going to let that happen :p ).

It's been shown that this class is very capable of killing things, although some of our weapons could use a slight buff, its one of the more inconsequential things.
    • Up x 2
  13. Sylvanicus

Pretty much this. Not to mention, despite what you may have seen in Rambo, we're a rather, well... discretionary class. Adding more gun to that... kind of... seems to go against the general design philosophy.
  14. italktowalls

if they do what they said in beta. ur suppose to be completely invisable when not moving and u also cannot have ur sniper rifle out aswell when using that cloak.
  15. Daimond

Ya thoughs are from beta that were to be in before release, but then just disapeared altogether.
    on a side not the interview with TR and Higby by Azure Twilight, in that Higbe said basicaly, that he didnt like the idea of Stalker cloak or other such things, but felt that more anti-cloak tools were needed to be implemented.
    So that tells you what will come of things for the long run. But as for if these cloaks that were mentioned you speak of, and I remeber them talking about possable more to come back in what FNO 13, we can not expect much of anything in the way of use full, and if they are ok expect alot of anti infil every thing shortly after if not with there release.

PS no to anything along the lines of D-wield of anthing remotly reladed in this game, this is not some dumb *** fly by night game, although it is still not PS1 in terms of play, We hope this game does get better, and that is not a way to do it. Leave that crap to the fly by night games we usaly forget about.
  16. Dr. Euthanasia

This is inaccurate. I was in the beta, and the Stalker Camouflage description said nothing about complete invisibility. That is an assumption of people who played PS1 and nothing more - although at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get complete invisibility even if it was explicitly stated in the cloak's description.

The three ranks of Stalker Camouflage specified no energy drain when stationary, then energy regeneration when stationary, then the ability to fire your pistol with the cloak active at a cost to visibility. At all ranks, it prevented you from equipping any primary weapon, not just sniper rifles.
  17. Amouris

For those looking for the right time stamp its ~1:50:40
    • Up x 1
  18. drNovikov

Higby said about 'more anticloak tools'? Looks like we know who is that genius who made infiltrator armor glow in darkness.
  19. Scan

Even if the visibility stays the same, a cloak that drains based on movement speed will be a thousand times better for infiltrating than what we have now.

Allow yourself to enjoy good news too as it comes along.
  20. Dr. Euthanasia

"Better", yes, but good enough? Not if it's impossible for me to rely on it under even the most ideal circumstances.