Every server listed as low pop?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aiur, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Aiur

I noticed this since the UES. I play on Genudine, which is a terrible server on its deathbed. When I heard about the transfer tokens being added in, I started looking at the server pops daily to see which one would be a good fit to switch to. Since the UES, however, all server pops just say Low, no matter what time of day I check. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just on my end?
  2. Slyguy65

The most played servers are only ever at medium....

They need to realize they screwed up and merge servers...the long they deny their screw up the longer their game will continue to fail.

NOT TO MENTION

The failed promises....

If they make it a thing to miss update schedules like they have with this update...they will cause their own game to fail do to their pathetic and irresponsible handling of their failures....

God forbid a company actually admits they screwed up in their way of doing things *COUGH* having a weak MMO launch with too many servers *COUGH*
    • Up x 1
  3. Gavyne

I suggest you join the servers and get a feel of them, rather than base anything off the pop numbers. Grass also isn't always greener on the other side, because as you move to a new server, people may be just moving off that server to another. Also some servers have lopsided faction balance, meaning one faction greatly outnumber the others and therefore you either join the overpopulated faction and find little to no action, or you join a low faction and always get creamed.

For all the criticism about Genudine, at least we get good fights and not one faction owns the server. So my suggestion is to just hop onto each servers and get a feel of them, rather than base things off server load numbers.

Oh and if this is the time of the day you play in, you best choose a east coast server or an euro server.
  4. NATotal

Each continent on a server can hold 2000 people.

That means each server can accommodate 6000 people.

0 - 2000 = Low Population
    2001 - 4000 = Medium Population
    4001 - 6000 = High Population

Over 2000 in a server, most of whom I usually find on Indar, isn't really a small number for a fight.
  5. Cl1mh4224rd

If you're referring to the server list that you see when creating a new character, a number of us here suspect that list is bugged in some way.

If you check the server list available through the Launcher, or here, you'll notice servers hitting Medium.
    • Up x 3
  6. QuantumMechanic

I believe the same.
  7. Ianneman

8. bluEyedillusions

The server list has been bugged for a couple weeks.

The past few nights, Mattherson has had a queue for Indar at various times.

Don't pay attention to the in-game server list.
    • Up x 2
  9. AccelPrime

6 EU servers currently have medium population.
  10. Strife_iH

11. Aiur

I usually start playing around 8 EST and depending on how much action is happening I'll stay on for 2-4 hours. There is rarely any notable action whenever I play. Sometimes there's brief, intense 5-10 minute battles in a bio lab or at a tech plant/amp station, but other than that it's running around, capping empty points, taking tech plants/bio labs/amp stations with little resistance. The only exception to this standard formula was a couple nights ago where we (VS) held the crown and were completely cutoff and we held out for about 25 minutes before finally being overrun and last night when we took Connery and defended a bunch of attack waves from the TR for about 30 minutes before they retreated.
  12. Gavyne

Well that's part of the problem, you play the highest pop faction. VS outnumber everybody else on Genudine, has been since day 1. NC made a strong push for population recently, but most days VS still outnumber everybody else.

If you want action, take crossroads watchtower. Then from there, if you want to meet TR, go to the crown. If you want to meet NC, go south towards Tawrich. Works everytime.

This is also why when i say if you want to move servers, try playing on those servers first. Because if you move to another VS dominated server (which happens a lot on servers), you will probably have the same issues there.
  13. Meh.

Seeing this thread I went to check the server population.
    [IMG]
    Right now it's 5pm my time, it's around 4pm in the usa and about 9-10pm UK. I remember like a month or 2 ago every server used to be medium and 2 would be high. Seems like a really huge drop to me.
  14. bluEyedillusions

"Seeing" this thread apparently does not mean "reading" it.

If you had done that, you'd know the in-game server list has been bugged for some time. You need to look at Planetside Universe's server list or just play on some of the servers to see that they're not low-pop.

Mattherson has had queues for Indar all week, for instance. I can't speak of the other higher pop servers like Waterson and Connery, but I'm sure they're the same way.

Population has clearly been up after the Ultimate Empire Showdown (the one thing it was good for; consequently it was the only goal of the UES, so it worked) and they'll rise a lot more once this game update #2 comes out.
    • Up x 1
  15. Meh.

You are right I did not really read the thread, so I guess that would be my bad ;]. As for matterson having queues is a bit hard to believe, I have not had that since it was right out of beta lol.
  16. FCBLiebe

On Connery it's pretty balanced. There are always good fights on Indar between all three factions, and then good fights between NC/VS on Esamir and Amerish; with the occasional TR fight on those 2 continents.
  17. Wasdie

I'm expecting low server pops all weekend as a lot of people are just waiting for the patch. This is why it's not good to delay patches too long. By now everybody who plays PS2 knows there is a patch coming (it spreads in-game) and people are just waiting for the patch.

That, and there are just too many servers.
  18. Excellentz

Genudine is just fine....what time do you play at bud?
  19. RedPsycho

I can confirm Waterson had a que on Indar for TR last night. Was some good fights going on as well.
  20. Aiur

We usually have like 2% more than the NC. TR are underused and are seemingly always in the high-20's.

Even the old, reliable Crown and Crossroads have been fairly dead as of late. When there is a fight at those locations, it's really nothing to write home about. One side usually has a zerg, takes the base in 5 minutes and that's it. Tawrich is really hit or miss. One night the NC will defend the place like it's the only spot on the map which creates some nice battles, other nights it can be taken with a squad and nothing will happen there for hours.

Another indication of how dead the server is would be a list of outfits. Each decently populated server seems to have several outfits per faction running ops at peak hours. DSE and PINK are the only outfits that come to mind when I think of VS outfits on Genudine, and neither one seem to have a lot of members.