[Suggestion] Vertical Stabilization

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by csp0811, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Krave

i generally agree with you but atleast from a infantry perspective -> stabilisation needs some drawbacks aswell, i would suggest an massive decreasement in turret turningspeed (wich is way to high anyway from my pov).
  2. Riskae

my thoughts are tha you are a genius! I only hope the devs are watching.... with everyone ******** about balance and tank mines and this or that class being broken I can see good ideas being lost in the shuffle.
  3. Riskae

You're dead wrong.

When a mag hits a bump the pilots main cannon barely registers it, when a prowguard does its main cannon jostles all over the ******* place. Jeez
  4. Xasapis

That is not main gun stabilisation. There is one thing having a gyro mechanism that keeps the turret at a fixed angle and a fixed point in the horizon and another to have a chassis that smooths the road in such a way that the turret is affected less by the road bumps (key word less).

No MBT has stabilisation.
  5. csp0811

I believe we are saying the same thing - when the gun stays fixed relative to the tank, it is not stabilized. It is stabilized when the gun stays fixed relative to the horizontal.
    Because the Magrider itself is usually close to fixed to the horizontal, and the gun stays fixed to the Magrider, it has the closest thing to vertical stabilization.
  6. MarkAntony

Stabilization + hill climbing abilities for Vang/prowler more like RL tanks + traction (not skating on ice like now) = all balance problems resolved
    • Up x 1
  7. Xasapis

This will have to wait until the upcoming changes in the weapon balance produce some results first. I'd give it a month until any of those gets implemented, if ever.
  8. MarkAntony

The weapon balance is fine as is. The magrider being able to stay up on vertical cliffs while the other tanks can't go up a 50% slope without it turning into skiing is the problem. I don't want better weapons. I want a tank not a snowmobile.
  9. Intolerant

This is something I always wanted in Planetside, and I figured it would be a no-brainer for Planetside 2. Higby says it will be an attachment, but it (and a few other things, like each empire's racial for starters) should most definitely be a baseline, passive cert.
  10. csp0811

For me, no matter what tank I'm in, it's really easy to kill inf. I doubt even totally taking away turret turn speed would change that. It's just really hard to beat a tank while an infantryman.
  11. Grossalaud

AMEN!!!!

i'll repeat it just to be sure ..:
    Stabilization + hill climbing abilities for Vang/prowler more like RL tanks + traction (not skating on ice like now) = all balance problems resolved!!
  12. furballhero

+1

Gyro stabalized guns should be a cert tree for each vehicle gun. At level one, perhaps stabalize the guns travers and angle by maybe 5 degrees per second, and at max cert perhaps stabalize the gun by 20 degrees per second ensuring incredible accuracy save only the most extreme turns or bumps.
  13. furballhero

I agree, vehicles right now feel like zambonis. This aint an ICE RINK FOO!

NC Zamboni link:
    http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/zamboni on fire-1.jpg