Sort out the OP Vanu Assault rifles !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dreez, Jan 23, 2013.

1. QuantumMechanic

Weapon balance threads like this need their own forum. Somewhere far far away from general discussion.

Please. Stop the madness.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bambolero

I'm with murderbunneh on this one and have the same exact experience with the orion or any other VS gun, especially the Serpent.
    You can try and downplay VS guns all you want, but most of them are just point-click-shiat dies.
    I've said it so many times, I felt a bit embarrassed when I was killing BR40+ HAs in straight shootouts with my noob BR1 VS holding the noobstick (orion).
    They must have been cursing me and with good reason, I was playing TEH easy mode.
    VS nay-sayers, I'll repeat it again, don't be ignorant, try all factions and admit it to yourselves, ( I know you wont admit it on forums, but admit it to yourself) , YOU ARE NOT AS GOOD FPS-er AS YOU THINK YOU ARE , it's the guns...

Also, my prediction for the future:
    The crying storm when the inevitable Vanu nerf hits will be MASSIVE!
  3. R-A-B

Regulalrly can kill them up close with a battle rifle, Nothing worng with vs inf weapons.
  4. R-A-B

Actually weren't those active in alpha and acted as massive aoe artillery defensive guns? But removed because they were naturally OP but they left the models around as an aesthetic look.

At least that's what I've heard, could be complete rubbish.
  5. ShureShot

It all comes down to this: if you can handle the recoil, the SAW is the better gun.

If you can't, then the Orion is probably better for you.

Guess we best listen to the expert when it comes to crying storms.
    • Up x 1
  6. Theta Sigma

OP Vanu rifles?

Seriously? Where?! I want one!

I've lost count of the times that the NC soldiers have effortlessly cut me down, because my Vanu rifles are useless beyond 30m due to their low bullet damage and absolutely awful accuracy. They just spray everywhere except where you aim, regardless of any recoil control you put into it. NC rifles, on the other hand, punch people down at three times the range.

All zoom optics on non-sniper Vanu weapons: redundant, because the weapons aren't accurate enough to use them anyway.
  7. Dreez

I dare anyone playing TR or NC to show a video firing their Heavy Assault rifles and hitting that much, at that range....

Bring it.. or ****. Vanu rifles needs a nerf in both accuracy and RoF.
  8. BlitWizobk

NC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nue3ks9SaSA#t=213s

and TR, from the same guy even.

Also, I'd like to note that you can make just about any weapon as accurate as a VS weapon with a compensator and grip. But there's currently no way to increase the base damage of a weapon. Which means the NC/TR can obtain accuracy on par with the VS, but the VS can never combat with their raw alpha damage.
  9. Jex =TE=

another noob posts about how he gets owned and can't learn to shoot.

/thread
  10. Brissles

Solstice.
  11. LameFox

At first I was like 'the last time a VS assault rifle killed me I had to look up what it even was because it never happens', then I saw the OP mention HA and lol'd.
  12. Intolerant

This feels like troll.