Upcoming Patch: Magrider Nerfed, Vanguard & Prowler Buffed!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bluEyedillusions, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Lukor

I already answered that question. Try reading more than the first post before making a new one m8.
  2. TheEvilBlight

Probably meant "ground clearance". But that's just my guess.
  3. razgriz417

Pretty sure its how much the Mag would hover over terrain, the more you upgrade the higher up the mag would be so it made it easier to scale cliffs and drive over other tanks. The downside was that even with a lvl 2 upgrade you could no longer run over enemy infantry but still would run over friendlies :/
    • Up x 1
  4. Grotpar

My post has nothing to do with secondaries.
  5. TheEvilBlight

If that were so, then the Vanu would've seen a buff to the PPA. Wow, there's a weapon other than Saron HRB out there?!
  6. vrcarnage

What I was confused about was the 25% to heat prowler but not to the vanguard... I guess I don't see the numbers so I can't say much but, it seemed to me when a van / prowler got in a throw down @ mid range it was a pretty good fight.
  7. TheEvilBlight

Sure, but it's a turret weapon, and that's the turret weapon of the Magrider.

If we focus on primaries, then the hull weapons of the Magrider would have seen buffs as well: We have a HEAT driver weapon as well, but it did not see any changes.

I'm guessing the devs are:

1) Boosting Prowler/Vanny driver weapons
    2) Implicitly stating that Magrider driver weapon is balanced
    3) Implicitly stating the Saron HRB needed a fix
    4) Implicitly stating other secondary weapons are working as intended (except Enforcer and Vulcan)
  8. Xasapis

Beats me. If he said hover height it would make sense, now it doesn't.
  9. Bear

I wish I could put a Saron on my Prowler. I'd gladly give up the HEAT and AP buffs.

Still won't make it any easier to hit a mag as they strafe gently from side to side!
    • Up x 1
  10. TheEvilBlight

The Prowler got damage increases to HEAT and AP, the Vanguard got projectile velocity increases to HEAT and AP.
  11. Xizwhoa

The Saron is amazing in all aspects... It's also a secondary weapon, not primary. Just because it is a turret weapon doesn't mean it's the main. Because you know, the other faction's secondary weapons are turret weapons as well friend.
  12. Keiichi25

The Prowler HEAT getting the 5% boost over the AP, you will note though, the AP also got a muzzle vel increase, which means it will have a longer range than the heat round and the AP is suppose to be better at Anti-Tank/Vehicle, so the damage increase should still be even more than what you would have accomplished with the HEAT round.
  13. Morpholine

I must say, as nerfs go, the listed Magrider changes are about as gentle as they come.

At first glance, the Prowler changes may be too much when everything's combined.

The Vanguard changes don't seem too over-the top, on first impression.

We'll see how this all plays out in-game.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheEvilBlight

I think those railguns are still coming to the NC, so they may get a /driver/ hitscan weapon. It will be interesting to see the Magrider guys getting sad panda when it happens.

And once again, what will the TR get? :/
  15. TheEvilBlight

Didn't catch the double-buff to the Prowler AP: yup, damage and muzzle vel.
    • Up x 1
  16. Terrex

HEAT DAMAGE BUFF? WOAH!
  17. HellasVagabond

So how exactly did they buff the Vanguard ? I see no HEAT damage increase, just 10% faster and 20% faster for the AP rounds, so what ? And they buff the damage of the prowller a full 25% and their AP by 20% ? WTF are they doing ?
    • Up x 3
  18. Morpholine

Did you miss the armor buff to all but rear facing? (counting the existing front armor bonus perk)
    • Up x 1
  19. Nyscha

Come to Ceres and say that.
    TR zerges with more than TWENTY prowlers each day.
    • Up x 1
  20. TheEvilBlight

I think they're assuming a Vanny/Enforcer combo will rule the ground. 3x accel boost?

They could publicly test this tonight. Just pick a random server (Soltech?) and test it. If people are angry, change it. If it seems good, deploy to the other servers.