NC is not underpowered.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bigman0089, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Bloodlet

No mongo, I am giving a testimony of my experience. I never said it was the end all be all proof of balance. Learn some reading comprehension before you make yourself look more foolish.
  2. Flix

Thank you and yes. This low acceleration is not the real acceleration. Dont know if that is a bug of the tank or intentionaly but my "trick" definatly works. At least it did last week^^
  3. Linedan

I don't see anything here to disagree with. My only other comment is that IMHO the TRAC-5 series have a very slight advantage over the AF-19/Gauss Compact series for engineers/LA, if you want to talk about the mainline and underbarrel-capable carbines. But the advantage is so slight that it's not really worth messing with because it'll probably break something else, and so slight that it's easily within the "noise" of players with different skill levels. It's the usual TR/NC dichotomy of ROF and accuracy vs. stopping power, and probably best left alone. I will agree with you that the GD-7F is better than the Jaguar (I don't own the Lynx) for hipfire CQC.

You're maybe the only person I've read who thinks the Prowler beats the Vanguard. Both tanks have their own issues that will hopefully be fixed. That having been said, I do like the Vanguard secondary rocket launcher (not sure if it's the Enforcer, it may be another one) because while it's not much against infantry, it's very accurate against armor. Nothing compares to the Saron HRB, though, that's just a ridiculously good secondary.
  4. mina5

you will get so much of hate post from NC fanboys and you can't reason whit them .... have fun
  5. The Jiggler

/thread
  6. Linedan

It's like a little Gauss SAW. It hits like a truck, but you have to cert the hell out of it to get it into anything resembling usable condition, it's only really in its element from, say, 30m on out, and it's very difficult to get a handle on but rewarding once you do. God forbid you get caught in a CQC situation with that thing. I was playing with it at the warpgate once and at 5m I was spraying shots AROUND a man-sized target with the hipfire crosshairs dead on center of mass.

I guess it's a weapon for a particular playstyle and it sounds like you fit that playstyle. I'm trying to get a silver and gold medal on it and it is not an easy weapon to master for those of us who do not have great aim and recoil control.
    • Up x 1
  7. NoctD

Interesting - you might be the first one endorsing the AP Enforcer which is the better of the 2 but still, its no general purpose kill all things the way the Vulcan and Saron can. I don't think I'm the only one who thinks the Prowler beats the Vanguard though - pretty sure Compass feels the same way. My most kills in the game by a longshot is in a Prowler btw, and no HE infantry farming either. I just find very little reason to jump into the Vanguard, aside from having a secondary, a more mobile tank is better... so I find myself gravitating towards the Lightning more when I play NC.

Superior mobility makes for less of a sitting duck. I can't imagine a Vanguard on Racer myself cause without any rival combat upgrades, it turns/rotates so terribly.
  8. Excellentz

Your comments of "but I think I have learned to compensate as well" leave open the possible perception that you are saying "things are okay, I adjusted just fine. " Sorry, I may have actually read deeper than what you were meaning to express in this statement.
  9. Linedan

Which is why the Prowler's special ability makes no sense. Yeah, it's the fastest tank in the game, so...let's staple it to the ground so it can fire its high recoil dual guns faster and miss more second shots. Whaaaaat?

I actually don't think I've ever seen a Prowler anchor. Ever. Not as TR nor as NC facing off against them. In a high-threat environment--which for an MBT is pretty much anything except ghost-capping or spawncamping given how many HAs there are--immobility is death.

I may like the AP Enforcer because it actually goes where you shoot it...I am godawful with grenade launchers and mortars (Furies, Bulldogs, etc.). Useless against infantry, takes a lot of skill to use in a moving tank battle, but useful at close range or against stuff like turrets.
    • Up x 1
  10. TheUprising

you are BAD at cqc unless you have a GD 7F. Your lmg's are TERRIBAD at CQC.
  11. mags

NC infantry is very good. The reaver and the vanguard is another story though
    • Up x 1
  12. Excellentz

I agree with this 110% Our balance issues really do revolve around our armor (vanguard) and our reaver. Two of the MOST IMPORTANT vehicles in the game lol. That is definitely where our weaknesses are.
  13. orthus2

not here to troll just bring something up

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&type=view&gid=12

I haven't done the math on all of the weapon categories but i have with carbines (which are cqc weapons). the NC have on average 100 less rof for only about 20 more damage per shot. (this is an average)

In no way am I saying NC carbines are worse than VS/TR carbines they are just not designed to do cqc.

edit: and I honestly think that is where most people have issues with NC weapons, they try to use them out side their effective range.

edit 2: another point is most objectives are cqc and nc isn't designed around cqc, so take what you will from that.
  14. cheerstoyou

I've noticed this (especially since the only gun I've bought is the DMR). The difference between a crouching burst vs. strafing around trying not to be hit, is respectively killing vs. dying.

An on-target burst is lethal, no question -- you just have to "manage" the fight rather than get into 50/50 clashes wandering around. I will probably buy the Carnage or a shotgun next, that said I don't feel the DMR is unplayable -- and that is the most demanding NC gun from what I gather.
  15. whaleboy

That horrible mechanic hurts everyone involved.
  16. Xae

When you fire an "average" gun let me know.

You don't fire a statistical aggregation of guns, you fire a single gun at a time.

NC have some bad guns. So do TR and VS.
    NC have some good guns, so do TR and VS.

If Gun "X" is terrible and should never be used it doesn't make the other one in your arsenal any worse.
  17. orthus2

your right, but if you have more **** guns in your arsenal than "good" guns than overall your arsenal is **** or at very least mediocre.

I took averages to see the general difference and specialty of each faction.
  18. Antivide

But hurts NC the most, which is his point.
  19. RobotNinja

You realize you've got that completely backwards...and you're a TR player yourself right? TR excel at close quarters combat, suck at long range. NC excel at long range, suck at close quarters compared to the VS & TR unless they're prepared to dump a buttload of SC on weapons that are barely on par with VS/TR defaults.
  20. Xae

Do you realize you just said the Scattermax is bad at close quarers?