Are Aerial Tank Mines a new tactic?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by aussiesparrowfart, Jan 31, 2013.

1. aussiesparrowfart

Was in my mag on Amerish late at night. Decided to take the road as no one around and i use night vision IR.

NC reaver comes over head, minor hits on him with the A30 Walker. He does a wide run up goes overhead and suddenly I'm in the red. WTF no rockets no apparent firing by him. F1 back to driver, repair.

Rinse happens again, this time i'm hightailing as I don't know how he did it and wham i'm in the red again on apx 20%.

I use the second level mineguard.

Several minutes go by, I've repaired and am scratching my d**k wondering how Spadar did that.

Back in the mag, IR vision on absolutely no road mines - they're easy to spot, when I hear an aircraft. Drive normally, wait till it sounds close, weave then turbo boost and he fly overs and I'm dead this time. Death by tank mine.
    Now there was no mine on the road, this guy somehow on the fly is able to drop tank mines.

i'm gobsmacked how he did it. 3 flyover, 2 X 80% health gone, 3rd time dead.

Anyone come across this before?
  2. Marked4Death

Some dude posted a video of a scythe doing this a lil while back, then some dudes posted a few vids of reavers doing it on reddit a few days ago. Expect to see more if it, it looks pretty viable if you can aim them.
    • Up x 1
  3. Compass

You put mines on the aircraft, then aileron roll to drop them on vehicles. Spadar is just being Spadar again.
    • Up x 3
  4. HannaDest

Now thats smart.
  5. Compass

Not as fun as putting C4 on the thing. No adrenaline rush. Would have been funny had the A30 shot the mine and gibbed Spadar though.
  6. MrK

I pointed it out in the thread talking about it : it's pretty visible your going to get mined, the ESF doing this are flying very, very carefully because the mines don't stick and tend to fall quite easily. The incoming ESF doing it (TR get screwed here, btw, I see no place on mossie where to put the mines, but perhaps I'm wrong) can be recognized and dealt with once you know the trick
  7. Compass

Mosquitos have an intake above the cockpit. I assume we'd put them in there.
  8. HyperMatrix

Haha...that's actually smart. I congratulate smart play like that. +1. Really like.
  9. cardboardbacon

10. NoctD

Yes - he posted how its done - you have to carefully fly with them on your ESF so they don't fall off, and then pitch/dip them over the target. Seems like it requires quite a bit of flying skills to do but I haven't tried it.
  11. Compass

This is under the list of Things to do when Normal Flying is a Menial Task and You're bored.
    • Up x 1
  12. HyperMatrix

I hate the clicky annoying sound of mechanical keyboards. Just get a good membrane keyboard. Seriously. Click. Click. Click Click Click. It's apparently the new "it" thing for people who want to think they're pro's. Had a few people tell me "So...you spent all this money on your computer...when are you getting a mechanical keyboard?" I used Mechanical keyboards before many of you were born. I'll stick with my G19.
  13. Compass

You can get silent mechanical keyboards. I personally would prefer one just for the tactile sense rather than the clicking sounds. The response time and the n-key capabilities are helpful, but since I have a laptop gaming notebook, I just use the chiclet keys.
  14. Evilmonky

Of all the things I have heard so far this is tha strangest lol.
  15. Zeekez

So what you're saying is nerf magriders because you should have been dead on the first 2 passes right?

STRAFE HARDERRRRRRRRRR
  16. TheEvilBlight

Next they're going to bring back lib bomb bays to meet the demand.
  17. Netham

This is my new favourite thing ever and almost makes me want to cert into mines.

Edit: As an aside, I love my mechanical keyboard. I feel its just immensely more tactile than anything else I've tried.
  18. aussiesparrowfart

more certs into mine guard. thx for the replies. felt stupid (yeah that's easy) but glad i perceived what was happening. thx again.
  19. Sinclare

Ok this explains it; I was flying a lib the other night and died to tank mines while maneuvering in mid air. I assumed it was a hack but now I know. Man this would be a great tactic to use against galaxies.
  20. Faint

On a scale of 1 to BuzzCutPsycho, how mad are you?

Sidenote: Thanks for tossing up all of the videos of Spadar and I doing it. You can find a few more here: http://www.youtube.com/user/FeintBLR

OR you could watch me (when I stream) do it here: twitch.tv/feintgaming/new