[Suggestion] Rehaul the Sensor Dart

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Lucidius134, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Lucidius134

At the moment the sensor dart is pretty underwhelming. It's very helpful but the sound is a dead give away and reduces your effectiveness at stealth (if used) because of how loud and signature the sound is. Needing to consistently cloak is bad enough as is.

Some suggestions for the sensor dart.

1) Decrease the cert prices.
    200 cert points for a 1 second increase in life span and an increase in the detection radius is a bit steep.

2) Decrease the sound's volume

3) Increase the amount of sensor darts carried

4) Increase dart projectile speed

These can be used with eachother or staggered with each other in any order to provide 2 bonuses. For example:

For Rank 3 and 5 you could decrease the sound effect's volume and for Rank 2 and 4 you can Increase the darts carried.

Either way, as it is it's very low priority and barely worth it to cert into this.
    • Up x 2
  2. LachDiggityDog

Have you fully upgraded it?
  3. Lucidius134

No since each rank doesn't give enough for how much CP is being spent.
  4. Aalbatross

Level 3 onwards is actually really good. Level 1 to 2 is underwhelming. The only change I'd like to see is for the dart to highlight enemies with the red dorito in the same way that spotting does, as when you use sensor dar in a biolab it's useless because the minimap is so cluttered.

Also you should get spot XP for using it.
    • Up x 4
  5. Krona

I like this.
    • Up x 1
  6. GorillaJesus68

this this this this! i wouldn't mind a bit more ammo for the unleveled dart gun but it really needs to spot the people that are caught within the radius.
    • Up x 1
  7. Lucidius134

I ended up goiing and game and didn't notice this. Still pretty pricey. 200 for rank 3, where it starts getting a bit more useful and even more onwards.

Also, I was thinking of stuff to add on to the sensor dart back in beta and what I could come up with was partly what you suggested.

3D Dorito spotting based on either Line of Sight or Proximity.

3D Spotting through walls might be a bit cheap for the sensor dart so Line of Sight sounds like it could be a better alternative for an addition for the Sensor Dart. This way you can't shoot it onto a tower and see everyone, but if you do shoot it into a very big area like the vehicle bay it should 3d spot afair amoutn of people, even spotting people defending on the stair well. THAT'DE be handy.
  8. LachDiggityDog

At level 5 it feels like you have wall hacks you get 5 darts and they last like am min each worth the certs bro
  9. Lucidius134

Normally when i'm sneaking around, shooting one of those off is a huge "Hey, i'm over here" so I tend not to use it much because it doesn't particularly suit my play style. I guess that's why I was annoyed when I made this.
  10. Vivicector

Let it give the player a +10 XP "Radar Spot bonus" (or +5 XP) for every enemy, who was killed in it's radius. We have spot bonuses, this thing is spotting too.
    • Up x 2
  11. LachDiggityDog

Lets say for example you over load a generator that takes a fair while to explode doesnt it? well witrh five decoy darts you can easily stay for the duration and kill and move with each target that comes to stabilise it give it a try.
    • Up x 1
  12. Exotek

Great suggestions, definitely thumbs up on the dorrito spotting. Id like it if they were more quiet per level certed. They can be loud as **** at rank one, but for the cost, they should be a lot more difficult to detect. Maybe we can have a function to deploy them by hand at point blank range, like a mine, to avoid the loud air gun sound when firing.

Side note, for people that think these are useless. Darts are great team support. Park your butt near an ammo pack and spam them like crazy, especially during a point cap. The ammo pack will keep your darts resupplied and your engi squad mates will love you. They stack up for their duration, if Im not mistaken, so you can create a fairly decent detection grid on the area you are helping to secure.

They are also great for scouting locations from a distance as they have a surprisingly decent range. Great if you need to know how many enemies are holding up behind a rock formation or on a ledge.
    • Up x 2
  13. Lucidius134

I'de love to get a +10xp reconnaissance bonus for enemies killed in the area. Here's a better idea though.

+10xp for every enemy engaged (read: injured) within your dart's detection radius.

I find kill centric things tend to not reward gameplay enough and i'de rather our scouting mechanic relies on teamwork rather then it being a nice bonus for if some one else kills some one else.

We can make it so this bonus

• Doesn't Stack with darts. Infils will not be found in bio lab spawn rooms shooting darts out the doors praying for EXP.
    • Has a cool down for EXP. The same enemy cannot give you EXP per life or until their shields and or HP has regenerated.
    I can't think of any other restraints but I think if an infil shoots a dart, reveals to friendleis that there is a room full of people inside and then a firendly nades it and hits all of them, you should get the EXP.
  14. UberBonisseur

Sensor dart is fine

Minimap is awfully small and cluttered
    • Up x 1
  15. Kimgibbler

It needs to give xp like BFBC2 sensor balls.