Game Update 2 Delayed 01.29

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mark467, Jan 29, 2013.

1. KAHR-Alpha

EVE did much worse, remember the boot.ini fiasco?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. Flarestar

This is why you don't throw out a Waterfall style roadmap for a software project. As time goes on, it becomes more and more clear that they really don't know what the hell they're doing with this game, or how to manage it.
  3. Rhinzual

I remember reading about that, I am so glad they renamed the file the game boots up with now. Thankfully I never experienced it myself. Though to be safe, next time I install EVE, I'll just leave it that way.
  4. Brissles

His point still remains. There's no excuse for it being late, polishing the patch is part of the process. They should anticipate that when they provide release dates.
    • Up x 1
  5. The King

not true, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about... kids
  6. Umrtvovacz

I just hope they repair Jump Jets for Light Assault, as of now spending certs on upgrades of JJ does nothing at all, except for level 2 and 6.
  7. ThElement078

let them take their time, if they release it too early, it would probably suck.
  8. Munq

There's a reason for delay.
    • Up x 1
  9. Brissles

I'm sure there is, but that should also have been anticipated.
  10. Munq

Can't anticipate everything. What you are demanding is unreasonable.
    • Up x 3
  11. Dubious

Said the kid
  12. vaxx

Are the people complaining about a small delay new to PC games? They must be if this is such a huge deal to them.
  13. Seafort

I'm not new but when it happens every single patch somebody needs better time management skills at SOE. They'll release the patch and it'll break something anyway so might as well release it on time. They're gonna get a backslash of complaints no matter what they do as SOE always breaks something which has nothing to do with the patch :)
  14. vaxx

Compared to other devs, PS2 guys are not bad at all with on-time patches. In fact, getting delayed a few days compared to weeks or months doesnt seem that huge a deal at all.
    • Up x 1
  15. Hoki

Hopefully it means they will cancel all the things that nobody ever wanted or asked for like invulnerable spawns and no-deploy zones.
    • Up x 1
  16. Sharpe

All I see in this thread is people completely unaccustomed to PC gaming. Perhaps an Xbox or Playstation would be more your thing guys.
    If you can't handle a few days delay on a patch without crying, you are on the wrong platform.

Things don't always go according to plan - actually, almost nothing goes according to plan - and that's not just PC gaming.
    • Up x 2
  17. Saool

I don;'t think they will ever beat the patch that had a file named that same as a crucial windows file (can't remember which one), and it ****** up hundreds of peoples PC's so they would not boot. Classic.

Bottom line: We would rather they get it right before release, rather than rushing it out broken and pissing us all off.
  18. Saool

That was the one. (Read the full thread before posting Saool).
  19. Turelle

I actually never suffered from that issue, not sure how though. But you're right, that was a disaster and a half. A good number of people in Veto had that issue and it took a good long while to fix.
  20. Pikachu

Why you no deliver in time? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)