idiot drivers and the people who pay due to them.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ikillyou1990, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ikillyou1990

i had a fresh lightning out trying to deal with a group of infantry with my HE. i pull back to repair just to get rammed in the side of my tank (which has side armor) by a friendly sunderer. i blow up from half health due to him ramming me into a wall..people need to stop driving if they can't keep from ramming other vehicles. better yet there should be a penalty for doing things like that. unable to spawn vehicles for a set period of time..20-30 minutes or so. i think thats fair. i take more friendly fire damage due to being rammed by friendly tanks then i actually take damage from teh enemy..
  2. smokemaker

lol
    28 and 5 today in an esf, 4 out of the 5 deaths where from my own team mates in other esf's all colliding into me while we chased enemy esf's.
  3. The Fizz

Im not trying to troll so dont take this the wrong way but are you parking in the middle of a road when this happens? I know that doesnt excuse team killing but if the action is tense and the sundy needs to move, most sundy drivers will gladly push people out of the way in order to reach the next point where they can deploy.
  4. ikillyou1990

i was actually retreating behind a rock to repair. there was more then enough time for the guy in the sunder to notice me and turn. but he turned towards me and rammed me into a wall and killed me. i whispered him about it and his response was ":O i dont give a f*ck" THIS is where the issue is. people dont care that they are running into other vehicles or infantry. i am in my lightning quite a bit. its one thing to accidentally hit somebody. its another to intentionally hit somebody. it is extremely frustrating and something needs to be done to fix this issue. the only thing i can think of is a vehicle lock to prevent them from spawning any vehicle for a set period of time. i am very careful when i am in a vehicle, i almost never get friendly kills due to ramming/roadkill. its really not hard to keep from running into friendlies meaning the people who do run over/ram friendlies really dont care 99% of the time..
  5. Celair

I got T-bone(d) (Why is that even censored) by a Lightning once in my Vanguard. It flipped over me and exploded, prompting the driver to spend the next ten minutes trying to TK me despite the fact that my Vanguard was stationary and on the side of the road.

I've learned to alternate between going at max speed and letting my vehicle "cruise" for a few seconds before picking my speed up again. Of course this nothing to stop other people from plowing into me. I wouldn't mind being hit if it only knocked my vehicle out of position, because getting your vehicle annihilated by a "friendly" driver is rather annoying.

I have to say the best part of friendly vehicle collisions are Flashes. I honestly think more of them die under the wheels of Sunderers than to rockets or gunfire.
    • Up x 2
  6. ikillyou1990

sadly ive had that happen more then once to me. it wasnt that the person died, they just got mad because they ran into the side of my tank while i was moving. they fired a rocket in the back of my lightning so i team killed them. left me with no choice but to team kill them. they spent the next 2 hours following me and continuously tried taking out my lighting. they failed each time. this was a week ago, i still have this person trying to kill me when we are in the same battle...
  7. SternLX

I can tell by the way people drive ground vehicles in this game who is a Licensed and Experienced Driver and who isn't.
    • Up x 3
  8. ikillyou1990

im neither but i have enough common sense to watch where im going and to pay attention to where my friendlies are at..
    • Up x 1
  9. SternLX

Yup, situational awareness is key. You will make a fine driver when you get on public roads with your own car then. :)
  10. DuckSauce

RIP every other Flash I've pulled.
    • Up x 2
  11. Celair

Yeah, the person that hit me hopped into a friendly sundy heading the same way I was and tried to gun me down. Sundy driver wasn't having that and ejected him, at which point I took a rocket in the ***. Killed that person three times or so before I lost them. This was a week after the game was released. Coincidentally, that same person roadkilled me not more than 4 days ago and apologized for it. I think they forgot about the initial incident.

Just like the OP, I'm neither (I have my permit though, so I'm getting there), but I can navigate my way through the world with no problems. Takes a lot of third person driving and constantly looking around with some speed management, which most people don't seem to do sadly. I frequently run into players that aren't even aware of third person view or just refuse to use it :/
  12. SternLX

Funny but true story(related to this thread).
    During Beta. I'm in a MAG on a Road(gasp! I wasn't moving overland!). Friendly MAG headed in opposite direction on same road. I move to the right shoulder like any sane driver would. Approaching MAG moves to his left. I'm like "HUH?" I stomp the brakes he hits me head on. I use local /say Wrong side of the road man! He replies "Sorry, I'm from AUS, forgot I was on US server. LOL!
    • Up x 3
  13. ikillyou1990

lol thats awesome
  14. Necron

Mos
    People just don't give a crap about anyone else. They are the same people who Lib-bomb spawns surrounded by friendlies. And shoot HE rounds into a group of friendly infantry to kill one enemy. I TK those people when I can for being assclowns. If you don't watch what you are doing I will MAKE YOU watch.
  15. R4GING

I don't have a problem with players ramming my vehicle in the middle of the action - my ESF have been destroyed by friendly non-griefer pilots now.
    my problem is not being able to push them when needed and Galaxies doing ridiculous damage - scratching it does more damage than colliding with the ground or buildings !
    I make a lot of snap-shots against enemy infantry because they are very evasive and sometimes I don't even notice there is a friendly. but yea, some people just don't care about others.
  16. Col_Jessep

Not in my case. Been driving without accident for almost 20 years now but in PS2 I engage honey badger mode in every vehicle. You got to have your fun somewhere! :)
  17. SternLX

30 year accident free licensed driver myself(yes, I'm 45). I agree, you gotta have fun. But not at the expense of teammates. Or maybe I'm just too polite in my old age.
  18. Celair

True enough, but I play games like Saints Row 3 if I want to drive recklessly, at least the NPCs won't have their feelings hurt. (It's also far more enjoyable and less punishing)
  19. Ruggle

What are you even doing inside a Tank-/Lib- line of fire? shouldn´t the infantry stay on/defend point for faster capture instead of camping at spawns where they even won´t get a kill because tanks/libs will onehit the enemy?
    Seriously, most tanks/libs spam their shoots on those points and you still walk around there? .... like a moth flying into the light *rolleyes*

if i play infantry i do what the role is supposed to do.... stay on point and defend it until the area is captured. you should do the same and you wouldn´t die too friendly fire of tanks/libs.