UES has done irreparable damage to NC player count

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Poorform, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Poorform

What a surprise. Since the NC overwhelmingly under-performed in all aspects of the UES we've lost a good chunk of our potential and current players to the VS and TR who both won, and did extremely well in the UES respectively.

Did you not see this coming SOE? Of course the faction that did the worst was going to have a mass exodus, and the one who did best a massive swell in numbers. Many, if not most players don't want faction loyalty and to stick out the hard times, no, they want the "best" faction, or better yet thanks to your UES, the faction that WON against both other factions. Connery is reporting unparalleled numbers of new TR and a very significant increase in VS, but an all around drop in numbers for NC. We're headed straight for ghost town, and those who are staying are at an all time morale low.

I think it's time to hang up the freedom flags. We can't do anything to stop these numbers against us. You might as well make this game bi-factioned at this point. Unless you do something to bring NC up to par with the other factions, both mechanically and in the eyes of the playerbase you're going to always have a bastard child faction and the two main factions; and right now that faction is looking to always be the NC.
    • Up x 8
  2. Poorform

3. Dr.Destro229

eh I have seen higher numbers for NC on Mattherson.
    • Up x 9
  4. Talizzar

TR won a popularity contest and did worse overall. No QQ from us. If you spend more time playing you would find that your weapons actually can kick some serious butt. Quit reading all the bs post about how bad your guns are, they are not!
    • Up x 7
  5. Sifer2

Well no offense but a lot of it is that when a newb first installs this game an picks one of the 3 factions out of a hat he will 9 times out of 10 pick NC. The pretty blue/gold colors, promise of highest damage weapons, and "Freedom" a generic concept everyone can get behind is a good seller to newbs who don't know better. I think even if equipment were identical across factions NC would still be at a disadvantage during equal pops because of that. Strangely it works in their favor though on lower pop servers or late nights as they just outnumber the crap out of the others. Not uncommon to see Esamir/Amerish locked blue all night.
    • Up x 8
  6. Poorform

It doesn't matter that the popularity contest was nothing short of a sham and a reward for youtuber subscriber numbers, but it does heavily influence the playerbase that just wants the easiest time possible. They see TR won and VS came in a close second. They immediately see NC as a crap faction and stay far away from it. They even leave their current NC characters to make new ones of the other factions.

This is basic flavor of the month behavior, but unfortunately in this case it's flavor of the game.
  7. Disciple002

Yea, this morning NC had 43%, VS 27%, and TR 30%.

Though, I almost forgot to mention I've never seen the NC take Indar on Mattherson, only TR or VS.
    • Up x 1
  8. Dr.Destro229

Indar is our servers vietnam also buzz and his zerg
  9. Celair

We haven't had Indar since shortly after release. Hell, we've only had a triple continent lock once, and again, it was shortly after release. I like to think it's a mix of being outnumbered/outsmarted by the Vanu Alliance and the terrain disadvantage we have at our gate versus the terrain advantage the VS have at theirs. We came ever so close to taking it several times during the holiday double XP week and then our push kind of crumbled (no thanks to a certain outfit that didn't help when asked).

We generally don't have high pop during prime time though, that's when the TR outnumber us and the VS, then their numbers dip after some of the larger outfits like TE finish their Ops.
  10. MrBloodworth

Hyperbole with zero facts or Poof.
    • Up x 7
  11. Vastly

On the plus side, Connery now seems pretty even.
    • Up x 1
  12. maxkeiser

NC currently doing fine on Woodman. Indar is neutral, Esamir is Vanu and Amerish last night was NC.
  13. Talizzar

Bumping threads is a no no here.

If you hate your faction re roll.
  14. Eyeklops

Coming Jackhammer buff. Enjoy the population expansion from the 4th empire.
    • Up x 5
  15. SinerAthin

Indeed.

A properly ranked and certed NC player is no weaker than a TR or VS.

You'll die just as quick when they see you.
    • Up x 3
  16. Wren

Even? Vanu is still handily outnumbered on every continent at prime time.
  17. SShocK

I honestly doubt many people care about this event that was a failure to begin with. A voting contest.
    Saying the NC population is damaged beyond repair just sounds... over dramatic. Sorry.
    btw. NC doing fine on Miller
    • Up x 2
  18. Vastly

At my prime time, which is normally gone 9pm PST, numbers have been pretty good. Vanu slightly lower, TR slightly higher. Certainly a big improvement over the 28% I was regularly seeing pre-UES.
  19. Panssarikauha

Thats a buff to the effective range, still leaving it sub-par, or equal at best, to the multi-class SG's you can get now.
  20. Vanuub

And a long battle far into the night it was to wrest it from you guys... specially with the TR not playing ball and hitting us while we fought to gate you to remove that bonus.
    Almost a week ago now and still no side has managed to claim Indar since.