What patch delayed? Dam..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Burdman, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Vempire

That just tells me it's still on the 30th, just the patch won't have all the content it was supposed to have.
  2. Cl1mh4224rd

Why do people like you have to act like delaying a patch is some personal insult?
    • Up x 2
  3. Cougarbrit

Because they're lying to us man. It's obviously a secret agenda to implement more NC nerfs, turn all vanu weapons into mini magriders and set TR up the bomb.
  4. {joer

5. jak

It's not necessarily a personal insult, I think it's more that people get tired of unmet deliveries. Imagine if you got packages from FedEx every few weeks and they were almost always three days beyond the expected delivery date. At some point, you quit taking the company's word seriously.
  6. Hatamoto

wishfully thinking they read the forums? :p get a twitter account !
  7. Wobberjockey

yes, because i don't know about you, but i can't reply to radar's thread.

it's not the end of the world though. what's the difference if we get the patch later this week or early next week?

not like it's getting pushed back to mid feb.
  8. Cougarbrit

Soon
  9. Cl1mh4224rd

But FedEx just delivers an already-complete product; they're not also responsible for manufacturing a unique product before delivering it. Barring weather or other accidents, it's relatively easy for them to make accurate estimates of delivery times.
  10. jak

Being a software engineer myself, it's not that hard to meet accurate deliveries either. :)
    • Up x 1
  11. ritual

It's not a personal insult at all.. Jak's FedEx example is perfect, he gets what i'm talking about. Higby said the patch will be out on the 30th, and it's not going to be. I don't have that much of an issue with them delaying the patch, it can wait. I have an issue with companies who say one thing and do another.

A simple "We're trying to release the patch by January 30th" or "The next big patch has a tentative release date of 1/30/13" or something like that is all it takes. When you say it's gonna be out on the 30th, and it's not, and you don't tell anyone until the 29th, that's frustrating. And like I said, it's a little thing. It's not a big deal. But too many little things like this start to piss people off.
  12. Sinoby

People, common - it is quite complicated to do big software changes. Quite often some serious issue might appear at the last possible moment, and they have to decide - either to cutt off given change and release without it, or fix the darn thing. I would rather wait as long as it takes for them to deliver a proper complete version of the update, with as little ammount of defects, as possible.
  13. TheEvilBlight

I wonder if they were actually going to delay the patch because of some roadmap stuff. In which case...can we have our performance minifix first?
  14. Skadi

Wait the patch is being delayed because they haft to Remove things?
    Dafuq?
  15. Burdman

Yes yes it was. Go suck a.. I wont say it on the forums, but you know what im talking about. I was letting people know. I think I have done a good job.. 831 views and counting.
  16. Oheck

Hmm..wonder what they removed from the patch..
  17. Burdman

People were complaining about the new spawn rooms, but the majority like them. Maybe they are removing some small stuff and replacing it with stuff that was up voted from other months to put in this patch. Like colour blind mode or something like that.
  18. Esstev

I'm thinking they are going to pull the spawn immunity which has not received a favorable response.
  19. ecomizombi