Max Pounder Bridge Assault

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Compass, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Compass

This thing is very good for supporting HA rocket assaults on bridge assaults, as it can be fired over cover safely and comes with significantly more ammo. Even if you aren't doing major damage, the damage you do along with the HA support creates general disorder amongst the front line tanks. Do not expect to front-line with this load-out against infantry, but against vehicles, this is basically a miniature C75 Viper you can use.

• Up x 1
  2. Lucidius134

Hoping to pick these up when SC unlocks become account wide.

I initially wanted to get them for rapid fire explosive suppression and damage against infantry but I didn't get to use them for long enough.
  3. Compass

They don't have good splash despite being labeled High Explosive. A GL has more splash.
    • Up x 1
  4. Lucidius134

You can fire 4 of them before reloading and the reload speed is pretty quck. I was hoping they'de be atleast useable but they felt more like, shooting 4 bolt actions with suppressors more then shooting something explosive
  5. Purg

I think the drop on them is too large - you were missing 75% of those shots as they were coming up short.
  6. Compass

Missing is not a concern if you're causing disorder with the shots that do land. The goal isn't to land all your shots, it's to land enough of them that you're doing stuff. Due to the large amount of crap my screen was rendering I couldn't see the smoke trails and had to judge solely on the very small blast radius.
  7. Vansoth

I wont say that what you were doing wasn't contributing to the overall effort but the weapons are still abyssmal compared to the falcons and comets. If you had a set of either of those you would have been far more effective.

edit: It is always fun to fight against vanguards and prowlers in a bridge battle. Magriders not so much....
    • Up x 1
  8. Compass

But then I would be blue or purple ;_;
  9. Vansoth

Can't counter that argument. Well played.
  10. Revorn

Quite nice use oft the Pounders strenghts. well played. :)
  11. DankFist

From someone who uses them regularly. They still need a "buff". The damage doesn't justify the drop or the splash.

But D'HOHOHO should you get a height advantage and know how to aim they are really good for picking off infantry (Direct hits)
  12. Vortok

You spammed more shots without aiming than a HE tank.

If we had account wide SC unlocks already and it worked on MAX weapons (should, be never know) I would've grabbed them when they were on sale.
  13. PaladinZERO

I did grab these when they were on sale, and it was a great purchase. You can also stand just below a hilltop and lob over, without too much fear of retaliation. I killed a Vanguard this way. You do spend more ammo, as you have to walk your shots to the target, once you get the hang of it, things will be better.
  14. Frosty The Pyro

yeah AV maxs are much better than folks give em credit for, I am a beast with my duel falcons, and am getting the hang of my duel commets (shorter effective anti infantry range, even without the slower projectile they cross much sooner than the falcons). Unfortunatly I just started my TR and have already finished burning through my SC from the triple, so no duel pounders for me till much much later.