[Suggestion] How to reduce TR overpopulation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blackweb, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Tosiar

I think the main problem your having in the regards of server "Overpopulation" is that you have bad commanders, not because TR has good guns.

I couldn't help but notice that you play on Jaeger. I do as well, as TR.

Here's your solution- stop devoting all of your resources to the Crown. Then you won't have as much trouble with losing territory.
  2. Bravix

The person who said that plays NC. Nice try, come again.
  3. aedn

you wont ever reduce overpopulation on any particular faction, because of the 4th empire. Many players who are not dedicated to one faction will end up swapping over to whoever is winning on the same server at a particular time, or just go with the FOTM faction.
  4. WycliffSlim

I don't really have a problem with TR overpopulation... just means there's more of them to kill. I play on Waterson and in general the TR will have a pop advantage but it's rarely more than 5% around prime time gaming. I know that on Waterson VS are typically outnumbered significantly by TR and slightly by NC but honestly, a couple percent doesn't make much of a difference considering the fact that it's spread out over multiple continents.

What they really need to work on is getting a more even distribution of forces on continents since one faction typically has 50% or more of one continents pop. It seems like you spend a lot of time either getting zerged or zerging. Luckily VS usually holds Indar so I get lots of good fighting there.
  5. {joer

What many servers have a TR overpopulation?

The only one I know is Waterson and thats TB. Every other server is Vanu over run.

Its always the lower KD people who don't really get how it works. TR guns are the best out of the box? Hahahahah.

Someone doesn't know about the stealth nerf to the carv. The rest are quite average, and the carv is awful.
  6. PSBJ

Each faction has its benefits. On my server (SolTech) the VS have a constant 40-45% world population.
    • Up x 1
  7. Koldrin

My 2 certifications worth.

I've played all 3 factions into the mid 20's. From my personal observations I would rate the infantry weapon's ease-of-use as follows (out of 100%):

VS | 90%
    TR | 75%
    NC | 70%

As you can see, for me personally, the VS weapons are by far the easiest to use while the NC and TR weapons are roughly the same. Comparing TR to NC I would give the edge in ease-of-use to the TR weapons.

That being said, I have decided to focus my playtime on the TR, as the rigid command structure feels closest to the Marine Corps, where many years ago I served a tour.
  8. Joram

/facepalm you can use all the carabines with both LA and Engi, you must be the only one who cant use the serpent with his LA

The weapon balance is fine, a few weapons can be arguably better than others but most of them are mirrors aka Flare and TMG - 50, manticore and mag-shot etc The only "big" advantage is the 10 extra bullets for carabines and AR, and the no bullet drop once they fix the render and you can see enemies at more than 100 meters.
  9. Maruun

How to stop TR overpopulation hmm simple, dont let them "win" because of a vote on twitter...
  10. Imperium Assault

Another moron NC who wants to flood the game with more Magriders

But wait, I shouldn't let having just woken up spoil an opportunity

These are excellent ideas OP. TR will get the Orion, and the Solstice!
    Yes yes, of course, TR will get the Orion and the Solstice. Then all will be fair
    My server has TR underpopulated; with these changes I am sure the population certainly will solve itself :cool:
  11. vulkkan

TL;DR How to fix Vanu and NC: make them less whiney.
    • Up x 1
  12. MarioO

You know, noone plays a faction because of their starter weapons. Most people go into a game, chose the "coolest looking" factions and stay with it. Another big group goes to the faction that is considered the easiest by most people, even if it isn't true (well, in this game it is the VS, and in this game it is even true).

Only very few people actually compare the weapons of the factions or even change their faction they choose at first.

Not to mention that the TR having the highest population is a very rare case (and only on a few servers). But hey, just nerf everything and everyone is happy, I guess.
  13. {joer

There is something about TR that brings out the military minded. Must be the colors.
  14. Imperium Assault

7? Nc takes 5. Vanu is also 7

A common VS argument. But it betrays either bad thinking or bad faith. Given equal skill, the Orion will always beat the CARV. More bullets don't mean anything if you're dead.
  15. mina5

never tryed VS ones ? or how about NC starting weapons they are OP too
  16. Guyshep

If the game is suffering from an overpopulation issue, then the better thing to do is to help the minority groups, not give the majority the shaft for being the majority.

Seriously, if balance is needed, why not just buff the NC and VS weapons? I'm not suggesting that they need any balance changes, since that's not what I'm trying to do, but why go with nerfing instead of buffing? Especially given that this thread is about starting weapons, why should ANY nerf be warranted?

Another thing, throughout the thread, you're basically saying "TR starting weapons are OP just because, and I have a bunch of supposed friends who agree with me", while others have actually provided numbers. You should do the same.
    • Up x 1
  17. Nevron

So an update here. We're into primetime hours for Jaeger, the OP's home server, and his faction (NC) has the population advantage at 36%, followed by TR at 34% and VS at 30%. Just curious how that factors into his gripes about TR when his own server's population is a counter-point to his intent.
  18. Ash87

Wait a minute, are you guys those tools who sit on the crown 24 hours a day, while we backcap all your territory?

Man... I'm sorry, I know us TR guys are awesome... but I didn't realize that we were so good, that we were making you all feel bad. You see, we've all decided on Jaeger, as TR, that we'll use Semi-automatic weapons. We just click the button so fast, that it looks like we're firing 800 RPM.

We'll tone it down in the future, Keep calm, and Carry on.
  19. JohnnyMaverik

Yea well done pal you've managed to pick out the one thing I got wrong and as I've already explained, the game was definitely not showing the Serpant as available to LAs about a month and a half ago, therefore I presumed some Carbines were not available to LA's for some weird balance reason, as I've already admitted, I was incorrect, the rest of my post however is spot on and balance at the moment is fine.

It pissed me off when people make comments like vs weapons are so much more accurate than TR weapons and kill so much quicker, these people are just going with the forum crowd of easy mode VS and everything VS has is OP, I play VS but I play the other factions from time to time as well and I just don't see it. I like the Magrider a hell of a lot more than the Prowler and the Vanguard I'll admit but other than that, balance between TR and VS is fine, NC is a different matter and one I'm pretty 50/50 on.
  20. Blackweb

No, we are the guys who take your only tech plant on Indar every day and camp it while you fight for the Crown.