Ya seriously how did the TR win.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Fox Reinhold

The Enclave's issue was that they thought "The Ascent" was going to the second objective. They had all their troops there already and ready to defend. However it was The Bastion. So instead of TE making a move on The Bastion, they stayed at The Ascent and cried, claiming that's where "The REAL fight was."

Also the only people who think The Enclave are "THE best outfit" are The Enclave. Those who have foiled their zerg tactics repeatedly know better.
    • Up x 1
  2. Reizod

*double facepalm*

That's the whole point of our back and forth... the VS players (high end of gamer's skill ladder) don't need one person to set meaningless waypoints, our player base/outfits run at a higher level and our privates are the equivalent of your TB fanbois generals. Hence, my original point about the type of players VS tend to draw. *picks up mic, spits a line, and drops it again* I'm done...
    • Up x 1
  3. zukhov

Very doubtful that any one of the leaders had any real hand in the VS server dominance. Magspam is a much more logical explanation.
  4. Ganelon

Because that has everything to do with the faction you play.

VS aren't any more skilled than NC or TR, that's ********.
  5. Reizod

*sigh* "Yoda, I tried with this one, I really did!"

Yeah Ganelon, keep telling yourself that! ;)
  6. Reizod

No one is saying that is the case. I'm saying VS overall had a real hand in the real actual victory! :D
  7. Sworaven

Could say the same about you.
  8. Reizod

Ugh, dude it's already been said, you're late... you are totally out of the loop. Ganelon would get what I just posted... if you took the time to read them rather than jump in and blindly TRY and defend a fellow TR player, you wouldn't look so silly with your post.

I'm now not so surprised when the VS and NC outplay the larger TR force/zerg that follows TB with this type of blind following. :confused:
  9. Sworaven

I read everything. Reread everything because I thought I missed something, but nope.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you think the VS somehow attracts 'high-end' gamers more than the other two factions.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kairis(TR)

this affects our own servers how?.....anyway best way to settle this is to organise your own outfits on your own servers....
    and not care about what colour SOE decides to paint the walls this month...
  11. ent|ty

If what TR does on Connery every day I play alongside them, I doubt they'd win anything.

Three outfits I've played with are excellent at capping undefended bases, or minimal fights, but when the going gets tough, they get going... to another continent.

I would describe my experience with each faction, and my reactions to them, both with and against them.

TR: Zerg empty bases a lot, are sensitive, don't have any balls.

NC: Are tenacious, almost brutal fighters, well organized, crushing

VS: Rats... just lots and lots of rats ... where are these guys all coming from sheesh.

There you have it in a nutshell.
    • Up x 1
  12. Slyguy65

ya cause the "high end" players want every advantage possible.

It is EXACTLY as you said, HARDWARE is what makes the vanu....this is an FPS...the skill is directly linked with the "hardware".

Why do people choose one gun over the other in CoD or battlefield...cause it is better. THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE RANKS, the higher rank you are the better gear you obtain.

BUT THIS FPS, throws the foundation of that rule out the window...there is no way to accurately JUDGE items, hence people like the vanu on this thread can just say "YOU ARE JUST BAD" instead of admitting to having better guns, which give them their victories over their supposed "skill".

Vanu are OP, why does any gamer choose one item over the other...cause it is better...when vanu have better items over both other factions that is THE example of what overpowered means.

You ask any NC or TR what MBT they want, the majority will say magrider.

Ask them what ESF they want, they will say scythe.

Ask them what gun they want OVERALL, they will say vanu, TR and NC only have like 1-2 guns they actually like, but im sure as a whole they would prefer weapons that hit their target with ease at any range.

The only ones who would say "No i think my faction weapons and faction as a whole is perfect the way it is"
    are one of two people

A. They have barely played and don't understand the strengths and weaknesses of each faction
    or
    B. They have played for so long on one faction they would be to stubborn to admit anything is wrong with it.

But simple observations show vanu outdo the other two factions overall. In tanks, ESF, and infantry (all ranges, mainly cause vanu is the only faction that can shoot at long ranges and get more kills per player. You either have to be skilled with NC and TR to get long range kills; specially TR, but any noob vanu can fire full auto at 50-100m distance and hit majority of shots).

I now eagerly await the one sentence "NUH UH" responses.
  13. Slyguy65

Interesting, what is the population like.

That sounds identical to watterson except TR and NC are flipped they zerg whatever continent is empty, then run or bio lab farm when getting *****, cause the watterson NC are actually smart enough to know how OP their max's are and do max rush's ALOT.

The vanu are just this big cluster bomb of lone wolf players, hence why im tired of them saying they are organized I NEVER see a vanu zerg, they are all small little militia groups doing their own thing, and because of their hardware advantages that is what they can do, and succeed.
  14. Xizwhoa

Enclave won the Ascent, that's why. Wait... They changed that battle at the last second so we left, what a stupid event... SOE shouldn't have been in charge of it...
  15. Xizwhoa

Everyone plays VS because they are the hardest to determine who is using an aimbot, like this is a secret.
  16. southerncarl

does SOE ever get anything right? it's clear to see that vanu won, they have more wins on just one of the challenges than the other 2 empires have put together?
    Another SOE fail............
  17. DrageonPL

I might be wrong but as far as I am aware, once the vanu took over the continent it stayed like this. NC and TR were locked in their warp gates under heavy fire suppression. While on the 2nd challenge in the U.E.S. Vanu lost all the territory for the cost of holding the bastion. But the devs gave them back the territory. Why then, I ask. They didn't do that everywhere?
    How is that fair?
    If they didn't gave a damn about protecting the rest of the territory why should they got that back. No wonder why totalbiscuit raged inside. Don't even get me started on how unfair it was for them to have the bastion. It should have been neutral not freaking Vanu. That's straight up support towards them.
  18. SDD

If you were to take this as the sole sign that Vanu was OP, then the servers would reflect this kind of dominance at all times, rather than just during a specific event.
    On 33/33/33% servers mostly full of unorganized players, Vanu is holding a more or less fluctuating 1/3rd of the territory like any other faction is.

All of the factions have balance issues, maybe Vanu has more pros than cons at the moment, but this was clearly a victory that came from a faction that was able to herd their lemmings the most quickly.

Why Vanu? Who knows.
    It's not gameplay mechanics though, or all servers would look like this during the hours when it's mostly randoms playing.
    • Up x 1
  19. Xizwhoa

Because the VS went and cont capped everything ahead of time giving them a distinct advantage. The won the most battles yet lost the war. I'd like to see the actual stats of the server event sites during the timed fighting. I'm willing to bet it was nearly impossible to take an objective away from them due to influence alone. Too many factors can give easy almost free wins. The base should should have been nuetral as well as all other territories. That's the only way to make anything fair...
  20. ent|ty

It's hard to judge any faction, when their 'dominance' is only on continents that are empty...