[Suggestion] Spy cloak

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Nogrim313, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Nogrim313

straight and simple new cloak sugg,

when active makes you appear as if you are a member of the enemy team
    1. give it a slightly louder/different sound so people would be alerted to its presence and type
    2. when spotted the indicator above your head would still register you as an enemy and you would still trigger enemy mines (think IFF tags) radar/proximity would still register you as enemy
    3. the cloak its self would last much longer at the cost of completely depleting shield
    4. would allow for hacking/knifing while "cloaked" but attempting to fire would disengage the cloak after a delay similar to the default cloak
    would be a better option for actually infiltrating an enemy base
    thoughts?
  2. Lakora

Problem here being that it's not always people actually look at a character model to see if he's friendly or hostile so those who only spam Q on anything without a dorito would quickly kill you.

To fix that you'd basically need to have a TEMPORARY friendly dorito until someone spotts you.

Anyway my opinion is mostly meh, it sounds alright but nah. Don't think it would work all to well.
  3. Nogrim313

well i figured starting out weak then buffing it would make less people cry OP lol
  4. TheDudeMachine

Sounds like the TF2 Spy ability, except you don't show up as an enemy dorito (I haven't played that game in years, correct me if I'm wrong). Could be sort of useful, but it might be hard to approach a busy base like that. You'd be instantly shot at, dorito or not, if people see you running the opposite direction that you're supposed to. After a few weeks, everybody would be so paranoid that they would shoot at anything that looks suspicious. That's what TF2 was like.
  5. MasterCheef

i think it would be cool, but only of if you arent able to take any offensive actions while disguised, except maybe for hacking. No mine drops, shooting or stabbing.

The indicator should show up blue as a non-platoon friendly.
    There should be a long cool down when depleted.
    The disguise should be that of a HA with Inf weapon. only those paying attention will notice.
    Distinct cloak noise, so no hopping back and forth while inside a populated base.
    Set off enemy mines and radar

It would definitely make sneaking into bases more exciting, while not being OP. It would also be fun to defend against potential imposters