I think you need a new Roadmap!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Asimplicity, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Asimplicity

The future plans for this game is really starting to bug me. I see all kinds of blind ambitions but really very little is mentioned of problems the game is currently facing. Heck, most of the time I don't even see anybody from SOE even mentioning that problems exist. I cancelled my account a month ago and have 1 month left on my subscription. I have been trying, desperately, to find a reason to re-subscribe but none seem to exist. If anything, you are driving players away. Most, I think, are quitting because of your silence.

With that said I will give you a new "roadmap" in hopes you listen and perhaps give me a reason to come back and enjoy the game as I'm sure you intended. I'll do a countdown:

5: Vanu are a bit overpowered. It's not complicated and I know I'm probably the ten-thousandth person to mention this in the forums. They may need a nerf but if you hit them with a bat instead of a twelve-inch ruler you will cause more problem. This problem could have been solved if you monitored and actually listened to the player-base instead of thinking that it will somehow benefit you to start a "think tank" for a few months before deciding to do something about it. Only makes it harder for everybody involved. People switch to Vanu because they think they'll have a better chance to survive while the other factions get better fighting the Vanu because they have been under-powered. You don't need a think tank. You are not any smarter then the people who play your games. I'm sorry if ego is costing you money but if you don't start fixing things it's going to cost you a lot more.

4: Infiltrators need some work. Nobody should hold a gun as if they are painting a house. And if you can't hold your breath for longer then 2.5 seconds then I doubt you would be enlisted as an infiltrator in the first place. I think the biggest problem with this class is the fact that if you even just tap your "hold breath button" for .00000001 seconds you have to go throught the entire, "whoo need to catch my breath" BS before you can hold your breath again. The second thing that needs changed is the accesories for the bolt-action guns. Nothing to earn a steadier shot. Just some useless gimick that no infiltrator uses or needs.

3. Liberator and Galaxy Class airships still have too many Hitpoints. Hit a Liberator with a seven dollar rocket and watch only 1/10th of it's health disappear and tell me that was a good purchase. You show me that and I'll show you an idiot! I actually think the fighter craft of each faction are sitting about right. I know when I'm fighting aircraft with anti-air I think they still hit a bit hard but I think that is just my ego wishing to kill more of them so I can get 1/10 the experience I would get for just ignoring them and playing infantry vs. infantry.

2. Hackers! This one is about to take over the number one spot because hacking is becoming much more rampant on my server. Some of it is just blatant. The time it takes these people to be banned after being reported is a very big problem in any book. I know you are probably working on some type of "Ultimate" plan to deal with hackers but until then, how about limiting player names to 8 letters and keeping somebody in the office ready to ban on-the-spot when they investigate hacker reports and find them legitimate.

1. Bullet Registration. This one is the biggest problem for me. What good does it really do to nerf or buff any weapon when one-out-of-eight times you fire the gun it's projectiles don't register. Nothing ticks me off more then getting the drop on somebody only to have my gun's bullets not count. I instantly die and just want to log. It's amazing how many vidoes I've seen of this with shotguns, engineer turrets, and anti-air and no response from anybody at SOE. It's as if our threads aren't making it through to the devs on these forums. Wait a minute...I think I might be on to something....

Honorable mention: C-4. I hate to mention this one because it's fun to use and can really rack-up my kills...but yeah for the blast radius the damage is a bit too much. It is the answer to any MAX player who is hard to kill, whether he has Anti-blast armor or not. Another one of those things that if you nerf it with a bat I'll stop using it...along with everybody else I'm sure.
    • Up x 4
  2. Dubious

Your thread went down the drain when you started with Vanu is OP.. (I didnt read any further..)
    • Up x 3
  3. Burkderp

The roadmap is catered to wider issues more so than just general balance it seems. It seems to be focused on the wider meta-game and new additions.

I think people are confusing the roadmap with 'this is all we are doing'. Alongside these additions they are going to be doing balance changes. Hackers will always be an ongoing thing and it seems they are paying attention on this issue (bans,patching etc).

Bullet registration hasn't been a problem for me at all. Even as an Australian playing on a US server.

Your 'roadmap' comes down to personal changes and not major improvements to the game. Balance should never be on the roadmap, let SOE deal with that through other feedback means.
    • Up x 2
  4. Asimplicity

-Well if I had an agenda to make myself feel like I'm better then I really am...well hell..I'd probably say the exact same thing. Thanks for the reply and the bump :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Asimplicity

-I don't know who, why, or how it effects people but I assure you, it effects me a lot. Usually in larger battles with absolutely no lag. Happens to me all the time with shotguns, engineer turrets, and anti-air and far fewer times with Engineer and Heavy assult machine guns. I have a machine that runs this game easily and my connection is never interrupted or even slowed.
  6. Burkderp

Sounds like you're missing. I miss a lot too but that's my fault. When my bullet hits it hits and does damage. I think if you had bullet registration issues most of the forums would be up in arms as it lies at the core of the game.
  7. Asimplicity

Burkderp- Ok, either message the guy in this video and inform him that those are all misses or come back on here and explain to me that you didn't know what you were talking about when you replied to me and maybe even apologize for not actually looking into something before adding your two cents that obviously, isn't even worth that. Thanks :)

• Up x 1
  8. Burkderp

That is obviously a bug.

I've never had this issue before nor heard of others having a hit detection issue outside of AA bursters.

I'm BR 36 so I've played the game a little, this has never happened to me. Either you are experiencing the same bug or you miss a lot.

Anyway, this 'issue' really has nothing to do with the roadmap...
  9. Asimplicity

I'm br 41 so I've played it a little too. And all my kills are as infantry...

I get it a lot. Most of the time I have to run very quickly away and the second time I shoot it will work...but a lot of the time it just shows my enemy where I am and I'm insta-dead!
  10. Asimplicity

Oh, and again, sorry for blowing your theory out of the water again, but when you say something as fact but do nothing to investigate the situation, you kinda make it easy for people to show how wrong you are...

11. Dubious

Hes clearly hitting the wall..
  12. Asimplicity

Go to 16 seconds
  13. Burkderp

This isn't bullet registration issues, it's a bug. He fires at the soldier first and kills him fine with working bullet registration. He then fires on the engineer turret which does nothing due to the shield, it then seems he gets bugged and cannot shoot infantry. Once again it's a bug not anything to do with bullet registration. So you're point there is invalid.

All you've done is post videos of the same bug, which has nothing to do with bullet registration. If it did the forums would be in outcry to get it fixed.

EDIT: I just checked three pages of the General Technical Support area and found absolutely no information on this at all. Either it's a bug, hell it could even be disconnection/syncing issues. I've had it before where the game registered nothing for 1-2 minutes then it all just happens in the blink of an eye. Anyway, its not bullet registration.

EDIT2: That video was posted on the 29th of November either the 'bug' is fixed or it's the syncing. If it was still apparent in-game don't you think people would be whining about it? Especially if it's been there since 29th of November.
  14. Asimplicity

Um no, you said it was just me missing then you were proven wrong and then have to try to change the subject in hopes idiots will be all, "duh, yeah Burkderp is right, all them there people are just missing."

Yes, Bullet registration is a bug, a virus, a wrong to mankind..I don't care. Like I said, their targets are in their hair and they are not registering.

Now when you said there is no problem and it was just me, and everybody else having this problem missing...were you a freakin' idiot who didn't know what you were talking about..or is there a bug that stops bullets from registering no matter how well your aim is?

Freakin' stupid! lol
    • Up x 1
  15. QuantumMechanic

The only bullet-registration problems that I've noticed was with my Grounder G2A launcher. I've literally seen it hit aircraft and do zero damage. But that problem apprently was addressed in a recent patch. Whether or not it's fixed I can't confirm as I haven't been playing much lately (due to my own laundry list of problems with this game).
  16. ThaaMilkMan

If those are the reason you quit... lol. Whatever man if you dont want to play you dont have to.

And on the topic of the bullet registration, if your fps its running around 30 or lower, it defiantly effects your game play in a way that it feels like its an issue with bullet registration, but really its get your fps up its no issue at all
  17. Asimplicity

I run this on an i7 16 gigs ram nvidia 680 at around 65 fps average..I don't think that is a problem :)
  18. Burkderp

I'm actually starting to think you are just missing all your shots because you're bad and trying to complain about registration with outdated bug videos ;)

Keep on man. Game will be better soon.
  19. soeguud

i7 930 (H/T disabled), here. Just bought an SSD and a gigabyte 7950. I only get 30 fps in big fights (30 on 30 amp station assaults, less in watchtowers). Keep everything on high. Is there a way i can squeeze a better framerate out of it without overclocking my system?

also, flinch from multiple hits + low framerate = damn impossible to hit anything, which is why NC get shafted at close to medium range.
  20. lobe44

Roadmap is fine! At least the devs tell you what they are working on instead of hyping it literally a few days before its release. And they even let you vote on it! God! When will people learn that these are the best most involved devs in mmo history! GIVE ME ONE BETTER EXAMPLE! THERE IS NONE!