[GOON] "It's how you look playing the game"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CrushBoss, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Joe-H2O

This was epic. The graphics look close to what I'm getting (just clearly a little cut above). What hardware and .ini settings are you using there?

Also, nice to see a great NC weapons/armour/vehicle showcase.

Classic choice of music too. *goes to hunt down 12" copy*
  2. Aleksiel

Kick *** video!

Alek, BWC
  3. robotron2000

Very nice video. I recently upgraded my GPU, and running PS2 on high or ultra settings makes such a difference.
  4. Yloh

Impressive footage, nice song! Well done.
  5. Duvenel

Ctril+F10+aim down sight on a Heavy Assault rocket launcher. Or so I am told.
  6. Jadith

Awesome video. Song choice rally pulled it all together.
  7. CrushBoss

The ultra effects were not rendering properly for me before the patch so i had to drop some ultra settings to high.
  8. CrushBoss

Core i7 @ 4.2 gigs
    16 gig ram
    Fatality X-Fi sound blaster
    3 x HD5870 in cross fire

The ini file is your useroptions.ini located in the root directory of the Planetside2 directory.

I also use "Process Lasso" set on "gaming" to make sure the planetside2.exe gets the love is deserves.
  9. Tatanka

CrushBoss, is there an updated version of the ultra graphics ini out there someplace? All of the ones I'm finding are from Nov and don't really seem to be a visual increase from the default high settings.
  10. CrushBoss

Turn off the HUD in the general settings i.e F10 is what i use.
  11. CrushBoss

No, not at all, that is the raw footage straight from PS2, i don't apply any filters either while editing.
  12. CrushBoss

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=3
    RenderDistance=1000.000000
    Gamma=0.160000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=5
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=5
    FloraQuality=5
    ModelQuality=5
    ParticleLOD=5
    MotionBlur=1
    AO=1
    VerticalFOV=65

[Terrain]
    RenderFlora=On
    • Up x 4
  13. ZEPLN

Where did you get these? My client is crashing on launch after using these settings in my .ini

EDIT: NVM... these work. Deleted a few .ini's and finally got it to launch. Thanks for posting these Crush.
  14. Brotolemaeus

A great montage. I have one of the higher i7s, 16gb RAM and a 680M OC'd a bit and it puts out similar quality now that I have that new .ini, thanks!
  15. Talizzar

Great video. Thanks!
  16. bluEyedillusions

You have to make another video like this after the 1/30 patch when we get PhysX back.

Oh yes.
  17. wrenched

Any video that makes the reaper look sexy is a good video
  18. Hoki

What kind of satanic rig do you run?
  19. Karragos

You make me want to go out and pay 3K for a new comp.
  20. bluEyedillusions

I hope you're joking about that price. Some people actually think that's how much they have to pay for a great gaming rig.

You can build a PC that runs any game currently out on max settings, 60 fps, for no more than 1,000.

Build, build, build! Don't know how? Find a friend.

Sorry, I just get scared when people throw up numbers like that.

P.S. avoid Alienware at all co$ts.