Roadmap and 6 month plan

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Jaloro

TLDR and wall of text.
  2. Turiel =RL=

Having a roadmap is quite nice. On the other hand reading the roadmap is not exactly encouraging. I am missing the words "Lattice System" and as a PS1 veteran I am quite allergic to the words "Orbital Strike". Most important though is that there is no clear solution to the rendering problem.

So far I cannot recognize any major changes, just attempt to make the current concept viable at any cost. That won't be working. I know it, everyone knows it and deep inside you know it too. A couple of SOE games had to be relaunched after radical chances and I think PS2 is due for this process also. Right now the game is much worse than it was in Beta and that is a clear indicator that all the decision about gameplay went into the wrong direction.

You got to move to DX11 in order to fix the rendering distance. DX9 may provide a few customers who are still on WinXP, but it's leading into a dead end. You cannot design games that are based on technology from 3 os-generations ago and expect to stay on the cutting edge.
  3. Strikejk

Nice one!
    I really like such Features in a game :)
    Keep up with it.

/offtopic
    Firefall had a Roadmap since last year
    It's great, but not a new development from SOE* :p
  4. raw

Higby, new Roadmap forum section is A+ except one minor thing: can you make it so we can quickly thump up/down from the thread overview? Right now we have to click on every thread and wait for it to load to give JGood his thumbs up (and down) but many of these things are such a no-brainer to up/down (and there's so many of them plus I am not really interested in reading the comments) that going through every one of them is real chore right now.
  5. Takoita

Some techical problems with this one, like buggy doubleposts out of nowhere or whole batches of posts disappearing in wee hours in the morning.

Content is suspect too: some suggestions look like they were put there with about ~30 seconds of vetting process, others are obvious features that should've been there at launch and not in "maybe sometime later" section. There is precious little actual content there.
  6. lesican

Love the voting idea, nice to see a game dev ask the community these things :)
  7. Notyoz Tacoz

Yeah, a Tutorial! What respectable gaming enthusiast hasn't at least tried PS2 by now? So who's left to Tutor?

Pretty sad that at the "SOE Think Tank" didn't even come up with the idea to have a Tutorial available AT LAUNCH! 4 to 5 months after release is just so Sad it's Funny. Especially when there for awhile they had you drop podding into action, into a battle area where you had NO idea where you were or what was goin on, as your FIRST PS2 gaming experience. :confused:

How about having a 6 month plan, Six Months BEFORE release!

Well, here's to hoping these changes can get PS2 to a level to keep us interested in it after 6 more months.
  8. NexAnima

Would be awesome if the roadmap wasn't ghosting posts.
    • Up x 2
  9. Goden

From looking at this roadmap I can tell you that SOE has prioritized adding new weapons to the flash over adding colour-blind support.

I'm sorry

but WHAT?
    • Up x 1
  10. NexAnima

While colorblind support shouldn't even be on the road map (it should just be done), its the community that is prioritizing the list (unless your talking about the month it is to be worked on).
  11. Goden

I just picked something random from the month before it (flash guns).

They don't want to add colorblind support until MARCH.

What. The. ****.
  12. NexAnima

This just in:

• Up x 3
  13. Yarsk

We need server forums.

Put them tomorrow morning.
    • Up x 2
  14. Brendan

What ????

Why the **** is there not a single word about infiltrator?

Are you that incompetent ? you didn't finish to realease them and no not a single word.

Seriously explain yourself !!!
    • Up x 2
  15. Mizo

They need to add a Y/N after pressing E to exit an Air Vehicle when off the ground and make base turrets about 2-3 times stronger and make all AA weapons reach high alt ships. If they can hit you then you should be able to hit them using turrets and AA Max. The devs need to condition themselves to stop listening to cry babies too. That's what ruins all MMOs and FPS.

Players aren't created equal and any attempt to make them so via tweeking the game will ruin it. Some times you lose and we all can't get a trophy every time. Get over it. You will just have people at night with their headlights on rolling right down the road making themselves a target and doing other tactically and strategically unsound things in the game because its a game and kids and adults all play it. If you are getting spawn camped then spawn some place else and try a flank. Any player above you has an advantage.
  16. Koldrin

Very ambitious schedule - it looks great.

I'd like to give a shout out to all of the developers working on PlanetSide 2. Thank you for your hard work, passion and tireless efforts that are daily improving the PS2 experience. I get the sense that there is a real energy and excitement about this development team that is going to keep driving PS2 to get better and better.
    • Up x 1
  17. ScrapyardBob

If you look through the SOE Post Tracker (or possibly it was on Smed's twitter), there's an API coming in a few weeks. Basically, it was all set for release, but they ran into some last minute QA issues so it's been delayed for a few weeks.
    • Up x 2
  18. Nithel

These are my questions... and I know we don't have the answers yet because we have to see how it evolves..

1. Are we guaranteed that Roadmap items with a Score of ZERO will NOT enter the game? The community has spoken.

2. Will Roadmap items with Top of the list scores be moved forward months? or just be guaranteed to happen in the month its listed under?

3. Will Roadmap items with low scores be re-envisioned and added back to the Roadmap at a later date hoping to gain a better score after listening to community feedback?

After reading many of the discussion posts.. ideas have taken new forms in the responses and received large amounts of up votes to user replies - can we get an official re-posting of the Roadmap Idea with the changes from the community listed (if accepted by SOE), so it can get a new and more appropriate score. - I can see some scores of 100 becoming 600+ if they just made some word changes

4. Will Roadmap items that score middle of the road be inserted as is.. enough people like it and SOE wants it... or will you always try to find a way to use that one user addition that received the most up votes?

5. Can we get videos, images, and/or statistics of the Roadmap item in order to better decide how to vote? -- I know these things do not always exist in the planning stage, but as we draw nearer to release of a generally accepted idea - the rough draft could be posted.

We have the ability to re-vote --- ideas are going to evolve -- OP's need to be updated to reflect that process
    • Up x 2
  19. Fauzt

So... Now we have a metagame. It's up voting things that should have been in the game to begin with. Yay
    • Up x 1
  20. Fauzt

Dude,
    How stupid do you think we are?
    • Up x 2