Hackers not addressed in road map!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lucanesti, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Lucanesti

I will be straight and to the point. Hackers are not addressed in the road map. Hackers are running rampant. There is FREE public hacks and also private hacks you pay for. Everything from aimbots to floating under the map. I don't care if you fix the spawn camping, or the rendering. THE HACKS ARE RUINING THIS GAME.
  2. TeamGreener

I guess you didn't see the streamlined reporting system?
  3. Jestunhi

Hacking isn't a single piece of work, it;s an ongoing struggle.

That's why some of the oldest games still have hacks if they are still popular enough.

I would expect anti-hacking to be constantly ongoing, not something to deal with in 4 months time.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gavyne

What do you want them to post? The exact how and what they're gonna do to address hackers, so hackers could plan for it ahead of the time?
    • Up x 2
  5. Niller

I have met 3 hackers my entire time playing planetside 2 lol (since early beta)
  6. Deamian

Oblivious post, I know hacking gets you angry and flustered, it is annoying. But many tweets, posts etc already on the subject from Dev team. Hell yesterday Smed posted a bloody banhammer post about some guy who spent over 200$ station cash and was hacking, he/she is gone and probably pretty pissed about it.
  7. Gavyne

Also Smed tweeted this week that they have a dedicated team of programmers looking at solving hacking issues, and more anti hack things are coming soon. These aren't things they put up on the 6 months plan and let players vote up & down on.
  8. Duvenel

The main point of the Roadmap is to gather community feedback on upcoming planned/proposed features. SOE doesn't need to know how we feel about hackers. They've known for a while now :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Wasdie

That's kind of an ongoing thing, just like optimization and bugfixes.
  10. Nilbog

It is an ongoing battle.

Something like that doesn't need to be on a roadmap because they are constantly working on it.

Just follow Smeds Twitter, he gets really worked up when they ban hackers