Are they Cheating?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aliasse, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Candyballz

At 38:40 or so in that first one you mentioned, he fires 12 rounds at a lightning to kill it. He's not aimbotting, and there's nothing fishy in those vids. Just damn good playing.
  2. DoradusGenudine

moar like exclusive users of
  3. Istrebljivach

I can easily maintain 4+ K/D when playing carefully and in tanks.

Infantry between 2-3 K/D.
  4. FLHuk

To give you some idea of what an infantry cheats stats look like, this guy was responsible for hours of carnage on Lithcorp. He starts as a BR1 and within the first sixty mins is up to eleven with just an aimbot, this then failed him after a four hex push into us as we fourty plus prox mined his ***, he then switched on speed hax and teleport and really went to town....

P.S. Although a GM responded to a ticket within four mins, an excellent response, the guy was still hacking when I ragequit. Logging a GM in to the server is just one step too far it seems. Stats say 1h:50m but my clock said 2h plus when I left... ;)

> http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=P7S1HLTMANLSBA3435656775
  5. Cevera

Atleast on my server I havent seen one of the obvious cheater.
    But then again, I'm not on the ground that often^^
  6. rayvon

The top player on Woodman is a cheat, but no one ever does anythinfg, its a bit of a joke, everyone in game knows he hacking and purposely avoids areas he frequents, yet he still gets away with it.
  7. Soloviev

Hahahahah.

Youre cute.

And butthert :)

ty for the compliments though, really. Avoiding areas I frequent? All my ego needs now is a rhythm section.
  8. Cevera

Cant say much about Soloviev, since we havent met ingame yet
    But his stats are not so incredible good, that he has to be a hacker..
    [IMG]

@Solo:
    Nice KD for a LA :)
  9. Turiel =RL=

Soloviev is actually very skilled at movement and coordination judging from his videos. He just seems to carry a bit too much ammo and for some reason nobody seems to actually see him, despite the fact that he is singlehandedly dismantling a whole tower crew. On the other hand, just one good run on video doesn't mean he is doing stuff like that every day.

Maintaining a 42:1 K/D ratio over 3 months while playing 6 hours each day on average is another story. That's a clear indicator for cheating. I got TKed, crashed or got hit by droppods more often than that guy has died overall ;)
  10. ISKNausicaa

Check those names on PS2 stats, low Headshot count + class most played: engineer = infantry farmer in tank/lib/ESF

Its not uncommon to get 100+-1 KD in good run with any of the aforementioned vehicles
  11. hostilechild

Point was, he "appeared" to me amazing, not cheating but in fact he was cheating. He just didn't do it to an outrageous point to draw huge attention.
  12. Soloviev

I was, in fact, cheating?

Tell me more, im all ears baby.

Hilarious vids Cevera btw, I can totally see the aimbot (rofl) solo libby looks fun :)
  13. Marko Box

Ive ran into you bunch of times. I think piston is your favourite weapon, right? Always wondered do you use slugs, and how the **** can you strafe jet araund while poping multiple headshots. I guess i need to buy it and try myself.
    Also i can confirm that soloviev is fully visible and killable, unless hes shooting at you, then hes invisible since you are probably looking at kill report while camera slowly zooms away from your corpse :)
  14. hostilechild

One of the more annoying aspects of the game lately has been "latency/render lag", something i didn't experience much of until the past week.

Be in a fight and see cloaker, go to shoot and die to the cloaker (he i still cloaked on my screen but gun is at least pointing at me). Be moving forward and see bullets come at me and die, then on death screen see the LA run over my corpse. None of these are cheaters, just something weird going on at times. 95% of time i am fine, and these occasssions were not even big fights where render distance is an issue. Seen this happen with aircraft lately also, see the Pods bursting on the ground then the aircraft shows up(renders) thank god for flak armor.

Starting to think i need to check my video settings to see if something changed, at least they are rare which makes me think "provider or server issue".
  15. VelcroPudding

I do like the G700, I wasn't aware it did DPI flipping as well. I currently use a Microsoft Sidewinder (one of the originals with the weights inside etc) and I do DPI flipping with it for sniping and for vehicle turrets.
    • Up x 1
  16. Nonsensei436

You could just make 3 guys on each of 10 accounts and move them all to the same obscure spot on the map and rotate them, getting full xp every time. This is the sort of thing that becomes possible in a F2P environment.

It really is cheating, honestly. In DAoC (the first triple realm PvP MMO ever as well as the best ever), self farming and conspiring to trade kills was a perm ban offense. Even organized dueling was a bannable offense (though usually the community policed itself by crashing organized duels with a zerg).

Your example with the ESF is not really the same because flipping towers and killing turrets is something you're supposed to do. Although very small, doing that does contribute to your realm's momentum. Also, unless someone repairs those turrets and such you will eventually run out of things to kill.
  17. Cevera

Its a classic case of stats-padding.
    Happens in most games where XP is involved. No matter if its Bf3, WoW etc etc.
    In Bf3 people got their accounts resetted or even banned, no idea how they handle it in PS2