Voice Chat problem URGENT REPLY REQUESTED

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ijtaba7, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Galhans

Open your Useroptions.ini file.
    Roughly 2/3rds of the way down, there should be a section that looks like this:
    Make sure your file looks the same, as the last patch changed some of the volumes to 0.
    Hope I helped :)
  2. AnotherNoob

Running as administrator, and in compatibility mode with win 7 worked! woop woop!
    Edit... Stopped working again, silly program ;s
  3. Chaser90

I'm having the same type of problem. My mic always worked, but I haven't played in a week or two. I've been talking to my squad for a while, wondering why I get no reply. Everything works fine with Vent, Teamspeak, and when I click the "Test Mic" icon ingame it picks my audio up fine. But when I record it it just kind of clicks for a split second and then goes silent. Has anyone figured out a fix to this yet?
  4. Nate

Potogasu's work-around worked for me. I deactivated voice chat. Restarted the client. Then the voice chat tests worked fine.
  5. AnotherNoob

Well, the voice test works just fine that way, but the problem occurs again when I enable voice chat again ;s
  6. Nori_m

7. BenYeeHua

So it is happen in windows 7/8 and also all the sound card...
    Can you try change the format of the recording device to other like 2 channel, 16bit, 48000hz?
  8. Nori_m

I tried 2channel, 16bit, 48000Hz and 19200Hz
    Then I had same result just a short noise at beginning of the records.
  9. BenYeeHua

And what other thing you has try?
  10. Nori_m

my vc works thx.
  11. AdmiralArmchair

I have the same problem. Win7
  12. OldGreg

Same problem here. People CAN hear me over VOIP, but I CAN'T hear them. All other sounds, (fx, music, etc) work fine. Playback test doesn't work and never did. I've tried the .ini file solution, admin mode, disable VOIP reboot re-enable, etc. None of these solutions work for me and I doubt they work for anyone else. Other games that support voice chat such as Borderlands work fine. I'm getting to the point where playing as what is essentially a deaf loner, is making the game less and less appetizing.

Win 7
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Turtle Beach X12
  13. NyaR

14. Skiptis

Exact same problem as the OP, Windows 7 64bit.

Can hear others just fine but the playback test transmits back sound for a split second and then goes dead. The volume indicator reacts as it should when I speak into the microphone. Mic works just fine in other programs.

Also, while ingame VOIP has a pretty terrible reputation for good reason, PS2's ingame VOIP is actually pretty good. Even if that wasn't the case it's entirely irrelevant to these issues.
  15. Nate

I'm using a USB mic. Windows 7 64bit. TeamSpeak3 works perfect.

The funny thing is that the built-in voice chat worked fine for me for the longest time. Now it doesn't work at all. And I have to turn it off and restart the game for the test to work.
  16. AnotherNoob

Guess its time to send a ticket, looks like a lot of people are having the same problem :S
  17. eltor1

Same exact problem for me. I have windows7, 64 bit, using the integrated HD Audio. Bypassed the router - no effect, turned off firewall, still no change.
  18. MacroKiller

Same thing here...
    That's just ridiculous. And my mic works in Dota 2, starcraft 2, etc...
    I tried to forward the ports and everything.
    But nothing
    I contacted the support, they told me to contact my ISP, I dunno why yet, I'm waiting for an answer.
    I think I'm gonna stop this game for good if they dont fix this fast
  19. AnotherNoob

Did they explain how it could be the isp's fault? from the amount of replies here, it kinda seems like a game problem D:
  20. MacroKiller

Hello,

Ok I tried to plug directly into the modem and it does not work either.
    They said did not eplxain why.
    They gave me a set of new instructions now.
    i'll let you know