Hacker using Galaxy bug/hack on Briggs AU server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Toyo12, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Toyo12

There has been a person using the invincible superfast galaxy bug on the Briggs Au server Indar, for the last week. Many complaints no action. This should be an ISP ban. I will be asking for a refund and closing my account, if Sony does not act soon. I play for entertainment, not to be made angry enough to burst a blood vessel. If Sony can't be bothered keeping paying customers happy, the game will crash. You had better start showing some interest in what you have made, you supposedly take pride in this game but it does not look like it so far.
  2. Hecket

So you want sony to ban the entire IP range the ISP gives out that this hacker uses? Not gonna happen because it will affect customers who have done nothing wrong. You want sony to ban his IP? /ip flush /ip renew -> create new account -> keep on trolling. Litteraly takes seconds to get a new IP assigned by the DNS of the ISP.

Basing bans on hardware / e.g mac adress of motherboard/videocard/processor etc:
    Get a program to spoof different adres.

There will always be hackers/cheaters/griefers etc. Not because sony doesn't try to do something but because they get a kick out if it or simply they are terribad without it.

Aslong as there are programmers inspecting planetside 2 source code and writing their own programs to create cheating programs for a profit this problem will remain.

Punkbuster can not detect memory injection into the game through java apps, sony's cheating detection is ****, and based on a 2001 gaming scene. You can set certain programs to aim @ any percentage, and to aim at a certain point of the body. Aslong at is not above 85% ~ ish the so called drones will not inspect nor bother to even look. But preaiming at someone through walls/the abillity to always predict where people come from does not get detected at all.

Sony should sue the living daylight ouf ot aimjunkies / x22 etcetera creators, for breaking their ToS / making a profit out of it. Yet they do not bother.

Mass /reporting a player does absolutely nothing.
    Fraps the player or mass screenshot it and report it through the ticket system for proof. Saves the operator going in logs to look and ussualy bans the player within 10/30 days.

Kind regards,
    180 euro with 12 months premium customer.
    • Up x 1
  3. khord

I THINK what he's saying is its a game breaker for him. And I understand it, we had one of the same kinds of 'hackers' on genudine last night.
    SOE has said they will be diligent with 'hackers'. I hope they meant it.
  4. Neoublie

I have just also Expireneced the Same bug being used. the galaxy could turn on a dim and took about 3 or 4 seconds to fly in from the horizon, and then also simply clipped my brand new Lib and destroyed it. then dissapeared into the horizon again. I have also expirenese a sniper using a bug to move about like a spaz in the dead position and not taking any damage but can throw grenades
  5. Incinerage

Rename it the GalHAXy and say it's operating as intended

You know you want to SoE
  6. OutbreakMonkey

The free to play model is inherently broken. You'd eliminate most of the hackers if this game required a valid credit card or paypal account to sign up. They could set it to a small once off of $5 and even throw in some station cash. It would weed out most of the cheaters without deterring too many fans of the game.
    Sony have painted themselves into a corner by allowing hackers to create a new account and get back to it in minutes.
    • Up x 1
  7. Dasmasterneko

Just like Crysis 2 right? Oh wait everyone online were using a pirated copy of the game. Sorry i forgot. You cant deter people from pirating a game especially the most dedicated ones... the cheaters. They will find a way regardless.
  8. Stormlight666

Either a credit card or a paypal account.
  9. OutbreakMonkey

One bad example does not make a case.
    There are literally hundreds of games which successfully block pirate copies from connecting to official servers.

That however was not my point. Taking a persons credit card or paypal information is usually enough of a deterrent to stop them breaking the TOS. iRacing would have to be near on a perfect example of how to maintain a relatively cheat free gaming community.
  10. Incinerage

Nice try iRacing marketer
  11. OutbreakMonkey

Because free to play forums would be a great place to try to sell a hardcore racing sim which relies on the user owning expensive hardware.....

Stay in school kids.
  12. LameFox

Last 2 days on Briggs I've seen 4-5 different speedhacking galaxies. It's both amusing and sad at the same time. I have to wonder if there's actually a reason to keep submitting tickets about it, because if their solution is to wait for reports every time, I'd sooner not bother. They simply cannot out-ban people without changing something to prevent the actual ability.
  13. Sliced

Hmm, although it won't stop them but might make people bored is if they lock PS2 to steam.
    Use VAC to ban then you can block the application from running. This will then force the cheater to create a new e-mail account, reinstall steam, re download PS2 (If they use a key code in PS2 so it can't be copy and paste) and then create a new account.

It's a free option, and again won't stop the ones that are dedicated to ruining the game but even if it gets rid of some then I would be happy.
    The only bad thing about it is I don't like running games through steam or origin or any other if I can help it.
  14. Singulari7y

I to seen this Galaxy hacker on briggs i was trying get his name but he was moving to fast.I couldn't even catch him in my sycthe and he was just ramming other plains blowing them up.There doesn't seem to be to many hackers in this game though that was the first one i noticed the only other being a enemy max that was blocking the doorway at the VS warp gate last week.
  15. PresidentFreeman

Got a video of this guy doing it from the other night, too bad it was before the patch that allowed reporting by clicking on names.
  16. Iksniljiksul

The is only one solution.

The client needs to be input and output only. It needs to be a dumb terminal. The server needs to do all calculations and tell the client who, what, where, why and how. The client should never be allowed to insert invalid input data and never get data it is not supposed to be rendered to the user. For that they need a larger server farm, which means more costs. Yet, it is the only way.
  17. C4Chaos42

Does anyone have any idea what OP is talking about?

I'm assuming he's talking about a completely legit tactic of having people ON your galaxy repairing you while you flying fortress people. :p
  18. Hecket

He is talking about cheaters that increase vehicle speed and are invulnerable to any damage. These galaxies would fly around at insane speeds and try to crash into everything in the sky.

Litterally takes one ESF to ruin what you are talking about.
  19. sagolsun

Somewhere out there on Briggs a cheater is laughing hard.
  20. Voraen

Yeh i seen that NC gal, recorded him but did not catch his in game name unfortunately. Last time a saw him, he was ramming ESFs from TR and VS.