Being a Planetside 2 newbie is fun =)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by splooshIRL, Jan 20, 2013.

1. splooshIRL

Covert Ops: Rookie Squadron
    • Up x 2
  2. splooshIRL

shameless bump
  3. SharpLight

12:35 long -> I won't even start the video.
  4. SharpLight

Sorry for the double post, my connection is acting up.
  5. Siilk

Hello and welcome to the PS2, recruit! :) So yeah, PS2 has a lot of funny moments for new players. I remember my first attempts to fly, that was hilariously horrible. :cool: BTW, ho do you feel as LA? For me, it's one of the best things in PS2, the one that got me really hooked. I love the freedom of movement and the enhanced ability to choose my engagements most of the time. The tactical applications of jetpack are endless.
  6. Oraculum

Hah, great fun to be had there. I enjoyed the video.
  7. splooshIRL

Light Assault can be frustrating against Heavy Assault, but otherwise the ability to confuse people with elevation is very exciting (jet pack). It's unfortunate, unless you surprise a heavy, you'll probably lose 100% of close range conflicts (forget long range).
  8. splooshIRL

:-/

your attention span.......
    • Up x 1
  9. woooow

nice video welcome to ps2
  10. Siilk

As was said on LA subboard, if you don't attack them from the back, you're doing it wrong. ;) With that said, while LA is at disadvantage in a 1 on 1 head on most of the time, he can still win it relatively unharmed. Always try to stay on the move, aim for the head, rely on your weapon's strength(high RoF, relatively fast reload) and don't hesitate to break away if you feel you're outgunned or "outtanked". The latter is especially so in the case of overshielding HA. Overshield can take a lot of punishment but it's battery lasts for merely seconds, so it is wise to evade overshielding HA and wait a couple of seconds for his shield to dissipate.

Also, don't underestimate the power of the jetpack in QCQ.You will be surprised how often flying over your opponent in close quarters can be confusing for them. Besides, you will have a nice view of their head(headshots!) while in the air with close range helping to overcome the horrible in-flight cone of fire. Additionally, you can cert into a GD-7F. It's quite pricy for a carbine(1000 certs), but it has a superb RoF of 845, the overall best for it's class across all the empires. Additionally, it can be outfitted with advanced laser sight, giving you a perfect hipfiring weapon for QCQ and inflight shooting.
  11. Kubor

That's really great :)

I think a lot of us forget to actually have fun when we log in and play.