SCREEN FLICKER FIX!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by darkagent, Jan 23, 2013.

1. darkagent

if your screen is flickering and is only showing the skybox here is how to fix it.

1. turn your player so that the map and world will render and the screen will stop flickering, but do not move forward or backwards.
    2. once the screen stops flickering and you can see the world and map go. hit ESC and go into your settings.

3. change your resolution from fullscreen to windowed.
    4. return to full screen if desired or leave in windowed mode if you would like. this usually fixes the screen flicker.

note: you might need to play with the resolution of the game as in 1920:1080 or w.e you run it in if just changing from full screen to windowed mode doesnt work.
  2. RaptorM1

Another thing that has worked for me is changing my graphics quality from high, to medium, then to low, back to medium, and back to high.
  3. LameFox

I usually find it's more like:
    1. Wait...
  4. TribbleFluffer

yeah...but it doesnt always work :( and it seems its contagious. i got it during a biolab raid and mentioned it over Mumble and next thing i know i got people going "GAHDAMIT! now i got it!" or F****! i cant see" im like o.o; "oops..."
  5. Roadhouseman

it works for me if i change continents ... but i have to say, screenflickering Comes mostly when i Play on esamir...
  6. Hydragarium

This - I'm far too stubborn/lazy to bother with windowed mode switches.
  7. VictorDracul

I just usually restart the pc after slinging the monitor through the window..........
  8. RonnieBoy

This bug is so annoying, when it happens, my GPU usage bottoms to 0% and my GFX card's memory gets flushed from using about 800MB to 0MB. Looking in a direction that renders properly and waiting for my GPU usage and GFX memory usage to fill up to normal seems to fix it a lot of the time.
  9. Sliced

I will have to try these ideas when it happens again.
    It happens very rarely for me, but it's slowly becoming worse so I will need to start remembering all these ideas.

For me, I cant wait. If i stand and stare it slowly becomes worse until I lag to 0-5fps then I'm forced to log out.
  10. Nate

What you all are experiencing is probably this exploit I've ran into 3 times on Waterson server. Twice it was an organized outfit doing this with 4 members participating. The first time they drove right by me using it.

When you can't see the land anymore. Just people in the distance and kinda the sky. With the flashing between the two depending on if you move your mouse. Look around and see if you can find people with their names jiggling rapidly. They could be some distance away.

They are in a tank which is rapidly rotating about a horizontal axis, flipping through the land surface. At least this is I saw that first time. 2 people are usually in the tank. This is why you see their names jiggling rapidly. What they are doing will cause your client to have the major problems your experiencing. No idea how they produce this exploit.