LOW FPS MAKES GAME UNPLAYABLE - Press Alt-F to view your FPS in game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SgtBarrett01, Jan 22, 2013.

1. SgtBarrett01

My system is fairly well built. It gets 40-65 FPS at the Warpgate, but then lags to Mars and back during combat at around 1-12 FPS. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I see some folks posting about Lag issues and they insist that I not post my FPS issues in with their thread. For some reason they don't see any connection between low FPS and Lag. (No mixing peanut-butter with chocolate!)

A system can Lag because of network issues (not much effect on FPS but will effect game play severely), or it can Lag because of rendering issues (huge effect on FPS and also kills game-play). Lag is simply a bottleneck in performance that will cause your system to sputter. Lag can be video specific, (client side) or network specific, (server or client or route issue). But FPS problems are usually client side driven and even though my network connection is not showing lag and my system is plenty beefy, my game experience sure LAGS and my FPS drops greatly during battles.

I was reading up on the latest hot fix (01-22-2013) and noticed the notes say nothing about dealing with FPS or Lag issues. Did anyone else notice? Are they seeing this Lag issue as a non-issue? Just wondering.:(
  2. Qwertle

this just in : outraged user demands of better performance. SOE cringes at their first complaint
  3. RayDrazon

From what I know, the server optimization might help with network issues. As for the FPS issues, I haven't noticed any improvement from the hotfix today.

Everyone, even players with high-end rigs, are having problems with maintaining a decent FPS. The warp gate doesn't have much decreased FPS because not much is going on there. However, in big battles, you'll usually see a CPU bottle neck since the game is trying to process all the particles, all the entities, from up to even 2000 players since that is the continent limit; it's trying to do this all at the same time. Poor optimization from rushed release + massive CPU intensive game = Low FPS for everyone.