Seriously SOE? We receive a 15 minute notice ingame...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brobasaur, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Brobasaur

Thats ridiculous. You continue to not relay information with any kind of real forewarning. You posted a 15 minute warning in-game and it took you 11 more minutes to put that up on the forums? You shut the server off like 30 seconds before we were about to cap zurvan amp >_>. If this was a once or twice thing it wouldn't be a big deal but you continue to prove how bad your communication is with the community.
  2. Brobasaur

My apologies, you posted 15 minutes on the forums before you gave us the warning...
  3. CHC999

Thats why hes really angry about, not the actually 15 mins of warning. Blame your platoon I suppose.
  4. 13lackCats

Man...remember the storms over this in WW2OL?
  5. MrSupafly

5:45pm server time on a week day. Awesome. You couldn't patch this in the middle of the night or early am? So much for playing after work like I hoped.

Is this really such a critical patch that it must be done during prime time?!
  6. QuantumMechanic

Broadcasting server shutting down 15 minutes ahead of time has been standard operating procedure for SOE since beta.

Although if you want the earliest heads up on server restarts, follow @mhigby on twitter. Because he forgot his official Planetside 2 forum login name/password, and can't post here anymore.
    • Up x 4
  7. Karragos

I have to admit, this was kind of annoying. Primetime for lots of people in the US to be playing.
  8. SubFighter

I don't know, lets ask the players on Mattherson that can't even play due to the hackers who have taken over all of their warpgates.
  9. Garantine

It's a hotfix. This means it is a patch implemented in between major patches and does not necessarily have a planned release time. Sometimes they are just going to be changing things in the game as they come. Short notice for shut downs is pretty common in the MMO gaming world, especially where hot fixes are concerned. I think you are too worked up over this.
  10. Brobasaur

Short notice for alot of other MMOs are typically a few hours notice for small changes. They are only immediate if the hotfix is fixing something gamebreaking. You know what the changes they listed are? Not gamebreaking. The point is that the type of changes they've listed, and the type they typically list, are the kind of changes that they DO have prior knowledge of when they plan to patch these in a bit better. These are the kind of changes that can just as simply be patched in during off-peak hours.
  11. Gumbo

It is early AM here in the UK.

There are other countries other than the US you know.
  12. Zakuak

EU guys get shafted all the time with these kinda of updates....we can take a few for the team....lol.

EU guys probably laughing it up right about now..
  13. PeterLawford

I'm just glad they improved some stuff (and yes, I was playing at the time)
  14. Axiom

this thread is the perfect example of the first world problems meme
    • Up x 2
  15. Brobasaur

The EU gets shafted because they play games by companies that are based in America.
  16. GhostAvatar

Maybe he should tweet the hackers to get his account back for him.
  17. ChironV

My only hope is that the patch will sniff out teleporting hackers and send 120v AC through their keyboards and shock them so hard their family jewels explode.
    • Up x 1
  18. FateJH

Yeah, but let's not start posting those things. Someone already tried to hijack another topic.

You people act like giving an in-game 15 minute warning was terrible. They could have just yanked the network cables and not said anything (official reddit countdown thread?).
    • Up x 1
  19. Zorlox

if you get this frustrated because of interrupted gameplay you need to go get some help or at least take a good long break from video games.
    • Up x 1
  20. Flarestar

Oh god, did it interrupt your two hours of raid prep, clearing trash to the boss, assigning positions, and... oh wait you're playing a free to play glorified deathmatch FPS. Stop your pathetic whining.
    • Up x 1