The cheating was bad, now it's RIDICULOUS..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quake, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ash87

Okay addressing in order:

Okay... They are fixing it according to what was said later in the post, but if it's not working then I know 3-4 people who have been banned because of reportings... guess they got banned by those -other- kind of /report function, you know the one I mean, of course you do.

Okay, no, because you have a search function. Watched a video earlier that they mentioned it, that was from last friday (Beginning part of the FNO vid I think). Oh GOD I only listed 1 example! Thats like, so many fewer than -a few- good god, what do I DO!?

Okay, and sorry but: A few, means a couple, 2-5, not a bunch... you know, a FEW. Just saying that some of this seems like a witch hunt. Yeah, there is a problem, but if your worried about a server, move. Sorry you got a thread removed, but that is a moderator's job: limit the endless ocean of needless bile. If you had the time to comment on the most basic part of my post, my later point was: Have some patience and I'm sure the whole mess will get sorted before too much longer. It is quite obvious that SOE has been focused on pushing the latest patch, and with all their resources there, they'll be tied until they can start redirecting people to really focus on this. That said, they seem keen on addressing issues in a timely fashion (I am traditionally an RPG player who plays games made by Obsidian... comparatively to Obsidian's response rate, SOE is moving at light speed), so if you can climb down off the alarmist/rage horse for a moment and grow some patience, I'm sure everything will be just fine.

And I've been up for 8 hours already, but I don't know how my sleeping habits factor into this.

To the people who responding with an ounce of reason though: I didn't know about Mattherson. I will check it out. If any of you have the inclination to just move, Jager is relatively clean. Those who can't, it looks like the massive post got a response from SOE. Hopefully they'll address the issue.
  2. Quake

OK I just logon to Matherson at 4:45 a turret is in our Indar Warp Gate in the spawn room.

Yeah it "aint urgent"

You want to see for yourself, its in the Matherson VS indar spawn room right now or you could listen to the Iraqi Information minister, ie WarTourist who says there is no cheating in Planetside, hands in the air.
  3. Quake

blocking the doors to get out now, hahahah!
  4. Ender

Phalanx turret has been in Mattherson VS Indar gate for a running 36 hours now. He's come on, played ilovekitty music and rotated it several times throughout the day in blatant disregard for the game. Lovely, are these supposed surveillance drones not equipped with heat-seeking ban missiles?
  5. WarTourist

Link please where I said that, you're just making things up now. :)
  6. Cl1mh4224rd

Because SOE is obviously covering up—oh, wait. Hmm...

It's going to be on Connery, I believe.

To anyone hoping the UES gets trashed by hackers, you'd be fools to think SOE isn't going to be monitoring the event very closely.

The crippling effect of paranoia on a person's mind is a terrible thing to witness...
    • Up x 1
  7. MrBloodworth

I did not say the issue was not urgent. I simply said post count does not equate to urgency. Thankfully, RadarX knows that.

Some people on the forums equate forum count to time moving faster in the world. As for the rest of your post, its wrong.

Cheating happens, however its is not a pandemic as some posts would have you believe. I do not scream witch when I see someone cooking with sage.
  8. Quake

paranoia is when someone whos sole purpose on this forum is to debunk, belittle, quiet down and have cheat threads closed by SOE over and over again to be considered paranoia? Geez I would say if you investigated Wartourist's history you might raise a Spockish Eyebrow also.
    • Up x 1
  9. Quake

Come on VS, Matherson right now, you dont even have to leave the warpgate on Indar to witness the cheating. Nuff said..
    • Up x 1
  10. WarTourist

Again, witch hunting anyone who dares to challenge your opinion. Must have a really weak position you're defending to go all ad hominem instead of using, you know, what people actually say. :)
  11. Woodhullz

I worry most about the more insidious hacks. Stuff that is hard to detect like ESP or software lag switches. I've seen lag switches on certain players twitch accounts pretty sure.
  12. Hamster

This is an extremely good idea and every little bit helps.
  13. Zanduh

Accusing you of having an agenda to your arguments is hardly Argumentum ad Hominem...
  14. WarTourist

That's not what he's doing though. He's accusing me of being a hacker because I find his position wrong headed. He's going after the person, not the arguments, IMO because his position is an ill-informed one.

The only agenda I've got is to keep the cheating in this game off the forums, since this gives the hackers exactly what they crave.
  15. Zanduh

The issue being then that people could input skype/textfree phone numbers and completely bypass this. Also, the more hassle you put into registering the more people will avoid it
  16. Ender

I see where you're coming from and agree with you mostly on a lot of the things you've said. Since this game has been released i've seen few and far between, "questionable behavior." I just figured he got a good shot, he had good aim, lucky shot, i was in bad position, etc etc. I know most people don't hack and the forums is the worst place to complain since it's advertising it.

What I also know is the 2 people i've seen blatantly hacking, and the 1 warpgate hacker that was blatantly saying yep here I am i'm ******* with your ****, have not been perma-banned. The first 2 seemed to get soft bans and are still playing and rocking a 50% headshot to kill ratio, most of the top 100 overall players and top 100 on each server run between 10-25% The dude putting the turret in the warpgate walked up to it rotated it, and has been doing it all night and playing all night blaring ridiculous music or annoying screams for extended periods of time. He's still online and ruining it for other people.

So maybe there aren't a lot of hackers, but when a single person can so blatantly disrupt gameplay and doesn't care to hide it....the fact he's still online doing it for such an extended period of time makes me wonder how effective my reports/tickets etc etc really are. I don't want to just quit the game for a week until it's dealt with, someone hacking the warpgate who doesn't care to hide his identity should not last more than an hour... and we're going on over 24 now. I should feel that my tickets and /reports are being utilized efficiently?
  17. SubFighter

He's accusing you of being a cheater, because you sit on the forums for 24 hours a day and do nothing but try to stop people from doing anything to prevent cheats/hacks.

It's not rocket science to look at your post history. I also just read in your post history that you admitted to hacking in other games.
    • Up x 1
  18. WarTourist

No push back from me on any of these points.
  19. WarTourist

Please, by all means link to where I said that? I've spent more time fighting cheats that I suspect any non-dev on this forum has, I'm simply try to stop people from making dumb mistakes. If you can't do that, I'll have to assume you just swallowed what others posted without question ;).

My point is that you CAN'T do anything about cheating as a player, other than reporting it using the tools available to you. Everything else the folks are doing, are simply making the cheats worse.
  20. UrMom306

Nope this won't work, Google Voice allows you to create a phone number and link it to your existing number. I use this on my business cards (freelance work), so I won't get spam phone calls. Google voice number calls my cell phone. If i do get spam i just log in and delete the google voice number and make a new one and print new business cards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.