[BUG] PS2 Strange goings on in VS WG on Miller Pt.1

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by VictorDracul, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Tarwyn

They are not spawning the turrets, they "take" them from the surrounding towers and move/deposit them in the spawn tubes. Have a look at the towers, you'll see guns sitting there at odd angles and several turret platforms are empty.
  2. FoeYongHai

Taking hacking/ cheating to another level. Might ruin the upcoming publicity event too, and cause averse effects.
  3. Nacasatu

"I don't believe it, that's not a hack, the guy is probably just lagged."
    "I've been playing this game for 17 years and never once seen a hacker."
    "I've 10,000 kills and not once have I seen a single cheater in the game, you guys just need to learn to play and stop blaming your failings on hackers all the time"

etc., etc.,

Actually it's quiet hilarious they're so blatantly cheating in such a manner, but I love this game (and the original PS) so it's also quiet annoying and kind of sad they're making such a mockery of it all :/
  4. Stizzi

F2P yes - but could it dampen the hacker problem if there was som sort of a credit card verification on the SOE account ... So if we dare confide SOE our credit card numbers?
    • Up x 2
  5. Zakuak

Ouch this looks awful!
    I do hope they get this one nailed down fast.
    I haven't seen it yet but I do recall mention over squad chat that there was a galaxy or something in the spawn room somewhere on Jaeger last night....lol I figured bug
  6. DrHat

The Hack on Miller is going on RIGHT NOW! THIS VERY INSTANT! My entire outfit just got teleported
  7. Gobmi

NC hacker on Miller. Could not report the because of the 8 "llllllll" in his name. Nice work SoE...could we just get the copy paste from chat working PLEASE !!!!
    • Up x 2
  8. VictorDracul

Still going on in Indar on Miller again right now. Not as rampantly as last night. Now it seems a bit more organised and rather than being centered at the warpgate it's happening anywhere. Also experienced a hex crash aprox 15 mins ago in Zurvan. After relocating to WG pulled a Mag with a friend got about 200 meters towards the enemy and the tank blows up for no reason. I was passenger so it showed as killed by the driver but he stated was killed by himself apparently. I'm done. Get a lid on it SOE or no more from me. This is preposterous. It's not like there weren't enough reports last night for you to at least be prepared today and have some people watching out for this and dealing with it but no not even a show of your usual "We are Watching You" announcements...........................
  9. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

For those who aren't able to report a character due to their name being too difficult to copy down, I'd suggest submitting a ticket with the below information. I know it's a little bit more of a process, but this will further assist us in not only investigating these exploit/hackers, but also help in preventing it in the future.

Server:
    Continent:
    Area:
    Time/Date:
    Summary:

Thanks!
  10. VictorDracul

Hi TSR-Jesse S,

Thanks again for your reply. Just to clear this up. It's not a case with the issues I've shown in the videos here that we are unable to report someone because their name is difficult to write down/copy. It's because there is no name to report/copy etc. All the deaths are attributed to suicides and you only ever see your own name. We also are currently only able to submit one support ticket. This has been happening almost constantly on various servers for the last 24 hours. Even if I could raise more than one ticket I would lose the will to live submitting a report for every issue I've witnessed in the last 24 hours on Miller alone. TBH This is going to be my last post here for a while. I hope you all get this sorted asap and then hopefully I'll be back............
  11. Wardy

Not gonna happen bro, this has been happening for DAYS. The surveillance drone stuff is clearly bullshoot and I'll be back *if and when* they sort this out.

Feels like the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing.

Granted i'm no security expert, but if they can do this to the server, what about my personal stuff?
  12. Playful Pony

Well thats uh... What the hell?!
  13. Blast Hardcheese

This happened on all warpgates for all three sides on Briggs last night. Not to the same extent, just one spawn blocked per side but still highly annoying. For some reason it just caused you to spawn inside the wall and then glitch out outside of the building. Impossible to see who did it.

Server: Briggs
    Continent: All
    Area: all warpgates
    Time/Date: ~7 PM - 1 AM, Monday 21st, GMT+12
    Summary: Various turrets spawned inside spawn tubes. Lots of partying to hail the hackers at the VS Indar warpgate but the other gates just had annoyed people.
  14. TribbleFluffer

How the fug..... o_O it looks like the hackers have broken into the server side stuff for the game...how its that even possible?! It looks like it wasnt enough to hack now they are trying to destroy the game.
  15. _CLU_

Server Name: Miller
    Continent: Esamir
    Area: VS Warpgate

No one at warpgate, my char started to randomly teleport until i fell from the sky and died. The worst thing is I bet most players will not report here on forums, they will just stop to play.
    • Up x 1
  16. Barosar

My guess is that it is deliberate. If the turrets can be relocated then why inside of spawn point at warpgates in particular? Reason: To cause maximum grief. This is where most player traffic will become grieved.
  17. aRKdia

we now have an AA gun on Indar [miller]

so hackers got access to the code so they can clip artifacts out from their location to anywhere they want...
  18. Cooper

This was first mentioned 28 hours ago (in a thread which was deleted).

It has been happening consistently on one or another warpgate on Miller since then.

SOE: You need GMs in the game. You need to have people online who can be contacted to do something about this.

I don't expect this exploit to be patched straight away; I know that takes time. But what is stopping you posting GMs / "Enforcers" in the warpgates to just ban the people doing this?
    • Up x 1
  19. aRKdia

its not a bug, as i said, someone clip an object from the original location and paste it somewhere else.

the real question is, is this just a glitch or what not, people are abusing, or the more scary thought is that people have somehow gained access to the server side code, and basically can do whatever they want with any object from the DB, since i have not seen any other thing like this, other then turrets/ pads id like to think its specific to a certain kind of objects, and not all of them.

with that being said, this is still very bad in just about every way we can,

if this is the shape if things to come, we are marching to a world of hell.

edit: also, how about some clean up scripts just to get rid of those, it wont solve the issue, but at least every few mins the object will go away.... instead of sticking on hours in the warp gate.
  20. FoeYongHai

I think it's due clientside scripting, and I'm afraid that this will keep happening for a while (other than a quick temporary hotfix). I haven't seen it on Connery yet, and I hope I'm wrong about being difficult to fix. In the chat of BCP's stream I heard (I tuned in late) that they, hackers, tried to disrupt his Ops with flying vehicle pads.