Best way to organise to stop a zerg

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exostrike, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Exostrike

What is the best wat of organising troops to stop a major zerg?

On Woodman on friday the VS took almost all of the north west areas while the rest of the TR seemed to be fighting in the east. meanwhile I was dying over and over again trying to stop the enemy advance singlehandly. The only way I was able to get any kind of major support was to spawn at the warpgate and spam join squad until someone agreed and I could use the order system to ask for support. Even then it took a long time.

There has got to be an easier way of doing this kind of thing. A faction wide chat function (possibly time locked after message to avoid spam) would be really useful for getting the word out about this kind of attack.
  2. Exostrike

bump.

Also I am not in an clan (I just don't get social gaming).
  3. MrPokealot

This is an MMO. It's all about social gaming. Look around you.They're using reddit, twitter, facebook, pretty much every social platform. Large groups have a bigger advantage than smaller groups(in general). If you don't enjoy zergs, then consider making a couple of like-minded friends in a very small outfit and do little sting operations. Zergs are notoriously difficult to beat upfront but with high mobility(reavers, flash, lightning) you can flank them from the rear and take them out bit by bit. If you work in 2 different squads, you can plant lots of AT mines from the front of the zerg and quickly capture bases from the rear.

It takes a whole lot more skill to organize two small platoons to work together to beat a zerg, but it's not impossible. Plus zergs are self-limiting, once they capture a continent everyone just leaves for another continent.
  4. Exostrike

None of my friends play this game.

Anyway I have never liked the friend system in modern games. Your here for the game and to kill people, not to chat to them.
  5. MrPokealot

Well like I said, it's an MMO. If you want a game that isn't about teamwork I'm afraid this isn't the game for you.
  6. Exostrike

oh I'm perfectly fine with teamwork, just not with anything beyond go here and capture base.
  7. MrPokealot

Well tough luck then, its your choice if you don't want to adapt.
  8. Chinchy

Pretty much. Using words to communicate is common in an online MMO if you're looking for an experience that involves no talking with your partner may I suggest Dark Souls, its a really hard game with a multi-player system that would be more to your liking.
  9. MrPokealot

Oo, or Journey. I loved Journey, it was so mysterious and pretty at the same time.
  10. Chinchy

Journey is a good one to, although I found it a bit boring to get through.
  11. MrPokealot

Its kind of like a saturday afternoon game for me, like "It's boring, there's nothing to do, let's try something different"
  12. Hosp

The short answer: Spamming mindless numbers at your foe in this game will always beat even the greatest strategies and players.

The complicated one: Even a small group of a couple organized squads can hold back that mindless force temporarily. However, that requires you join a group who communicate with each other to attain that ability. You alone are nothing but a potential annoyance to the enemy zerg.
  13. Brian TR

There is nothing unless you can get your whole faction to listen to just you (good luck with that) Its not practical and a fundamental flaw in the game that wont be fixed. Vehicle power and lack of zerg control will kill the game and its doing it already. Its making the game non noob or casual friendly so no new long term players. It killed off the majority of serious FPS gamers. What your left with is zergfits and vehicle noobs who need an advantage to feel good about themselves. Whats worse is, instead of making the game better for everyone, they are in the forums defending a terrible gameplay because its working to there advantage.
  14. Exostrike

Whats worse was that it wasn't that much of a zerg. About 4 sunders, 4 magriders, 2 ESF and couple of lightnings. Yet I was unable to get any support to hold the line was they was able to take the entire area freely.
  15. Brian TR

They mght as well make this an arena game at least there will be a fair fight if they put 30 vs 30 at a base