[BUG] PS2 Strange goings on in VS WG on Miller Pt.1

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by VictorDracul, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Cooper

Next time an issue like this comes up, can we get more responses like this and less deletion of threads.

Because deleting threads where a player is bringing attention to a very clear and obvious problem that needs fixing asap doesn't look good.
    • Up x 2
  2. DevilJade

Mattherson
    Indar
    NC Warpgate

I took some video of the turret in the spawn tube, and if you watch till the end you'll see a guy hovering on an ATV get flung straight up into the air and go out of sight.

3. Drsexxytime

I am really-really tired of all these bugs, glitches, and especially hacks. So are my wallet and the minutes in my day tired of it as well. It's a shame the game was rushed to grab cash in the state it was. So many players lost due to it.
  4. Cooper

To be clear there are two issues going on in this thread:

1) Turrets appearing in spawn tubes. Causing anyone who spawns in that tube to die.

2) Vehicle pads that warp / jump about. Anyone who touches them gets some kind of physics bug where they get flung thousands of meters (45,000m from the waypoint over the WG for me...) There's also a video somehwere of these vehicle pads being used as "levitating" pads in a more sedate manner.

I have no idea if they're related, but the "Enforcers" on the lookout should be looking for both problems.
  5. Konstantinn

Just started happening to me too like 10 min ago, warping dying teleporting thing. Indar NC Mattherson
  6. WarMosher

Looks like all the servers are being affected. Please fix this its my only escape from reality
    • Up x 1
  7. Murmillo

I don't think all cases of hacking/exploitation are such clear violations of community standards as this, some require more thorough investigation than others, and need to go through the proper channels to reach a just verdict; this is absolute and blatant disregard for the game entirely, on a level in which can be so clearly and immediately observed.

You can't take the same tactics for these kinds of people, gotta keep 'em on their toes, and I'll take any help I can get to get these toolsheds to stop coming in through the out door.
  8. Fbwhytee

lol
  9. Ripshaft

lol yeah we had a guy at the vs warpgate earlier tonight on jaeger doing similar, probably all the same dude. I found it quite amusing, though I can understand how some might find it... less than amusing =p
  10. Tarwyn

Miller
    Esamir
    VS Warpgate

I don't understand why it is so hard to create a client that is more resilient to hacking attacks. Apparently they are still using static offsets. How about some ASR? How about some encryption? They probably felt like they couldn't do a lot of encryption on the data, but with a physics engine that does NOT KNOW A REST STATE (== EPIC FAIL) I am not surprised the client is the CPU hog that it is, even without the comparatively small number of CPU cycles needed to encrypt the data stream.
  11. Stormlight666

Shouldn't be hard to find since they're so obvious.
  12. huller

There was this hacker who had dumped a GALAXY in the spawnroom, generating massive lagg (from 20-40 average to 2 fps) the day after he did the same with a prowler tank but less lagg. we mass /reported him already.
  13. TrilokJ

Happening alot on Miller at VS warpgate. And also at the other 2. When I just joined, an AA cannon was placed in our warpgate spawnroom. A few minutes after the hacker/exploiter was teleporting people of the map. This is ridicilous. Hackers everywere. I haven't been able to play normally since yesterday afternoon.

[IMG]
  14. Fotosynthese

Is this caused by people hackers/cheats or is it an "bug"?
  15. VictorDracul

It would seem (given the reaction by the mod on this thread) that this is indeed the work of hackers and not a game bug although nothing formal has been stated (I wouldn't expect it to be either).
  16. DrHat

This is recorded by one of my members in my outfit:
    Server: Miller

17. VictorDracul

Was this recorded last night or is it happening again now? If it's happening now PM the mod who posted in the thread and they'll get someone on it straight away
  18. DrHat

From my own internal outfit forum

Warpgate teleport ******** (hack?)

[IMG]by fini » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:12 am
    So there's some **** going on at the moment, getting teleported out of bounds every time I try to spawn in on the Esamir Warpgate

According to people on the official forums, it's some kind of hack. I think I'll just take a few days break from the game and see what happens, just not worth the frustration.

/END FORUM QUOTE
    -------------

Essentially it was going on 4 hours ago it seems. Whether it is still happening or not I do not know
  19. VictorDracul

Sorry to see your outfit buddy taking a break because of this. I would imagine we'll see quite a bit of activity over the next few days whilst they get a lid on it all (hopefully). I have to say it has caused me to stop and pause as to whether I want to play or not at the moment. As you can see I posted 12-13 minutes of footage and I was experiencing it for a while before that. I didn't know it was a hack at the time so I decide to test and video (the bug as I thought it was) for the devs.
  20. Zcuron

This problem seems easy to me at least;
    1. Make a list of everything allowed to be in the warpgate.
    2. If something isn't on the list, purge. (example: engi turret)

Obviously, such a solution would work as a preventive measure as well, so it'd prevent any possible future "grief by foreign object" event caused by either some weird glitch or malign intent.

On a personal note; I was wondering why that happened to me.
    Flying off into the nether was kind of fun~~