New Conglomerate Up blah blah heard it before

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by susperationalman, Jan 17, 2013.

1. SpaceMuppet

Reavers dont hit hard... Or take more damage....

All ESF's have the same amount of health and the same DPS.

Reaver is at a huge disadvantage because of it's larger hit box.

The Reaver is outclassed by the other two ESF's IN ALMOST EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY.....

The reaver is the most underpowered unit in the game when compared to it's counterparts.
  2. iller

^Reavers only do a tiny bit more damage than other ESFs and have the EXACT SAME HITPOINTS^

You call a 10% headshot kill ratio, "owning it up"??? I'm sorry but your accuracy doesn't qualify as good and you shouldn't try to brag about like it does. NC are less accuracte because they fire slower. This is a FACT. When you fire slower or have to burst fire, it gives the other guy with faster ROF the ability to interrupt you with his bullets sooner which makes you flinch more and makes it harder to aim. ....not that I'd expect someone with 10% HSK to understand that...
    • Up x 1
  3. vaxx

NC folks love the tears dont they?

If NC suck so bad, then stop playing them. OR...man up and use the advantages of the faction. You dont think there are any? You are a noob, and have no right to complain, if you dont know.

Poor us....
    Its an excuse to suck, nothing more. I have seen plenty of NC that do just fine. Funny, they also dont complain. Odd how that works huh?
  4. SpaceMuppet

It feels good when I dominate people like you on my NC character, Just knowing the disadvantage I had to gun you down and knowing the advantage you had wasn't enough for you to win with your lack of skill.

Game is young, They have said NC is UP and they will nerf/buff as they see fit, and when they do, it's going to suck to be you,
    Abuse while you can young arrogant one.
  5. Nehemia

NC weapons have drawbacks that can be nullified by player skill. Unfortunately these nullifies are non-existent for the standard PS2 player who aims at peoples foot and holds the trigger down.
  6. vaxx

Awesome. So, while you assume I dont play NC, you do at least admit to being NC, and able to dominate. Thats what I like to hear. You just proved my point.

I dont have any trouble playing any faction. When I play NC, I dont feel underpowered at all. Though playing my NC has become a bore due to NC having the largest population (by far) on the server, and finding a fight, not a steamroll is hard.
  7. Drsexxytime

It's true. But it's from competent leadership and overall skill of our players. How we'd stand up to the top outfits of the other factions on other servers, well that's when the balance issues would crush us.
  8. ent|ty

Why you raging and hating? Accuracy stats are not accurate when it comes to my play style, which includes a lot of base defense, shooting at low flying planes, suppressive fire, medium to long range firefights, until I can get in close etc. My anecdotal experience is that I own up much more with my playstyle on NC than many times on TR, which feels like rubber bullet syndrome at times.
    THere is no bragging in my posts, I just state my experience. I guess my experience is more than yours, because I can adjust for each faction and you'll never find me on the forums crying "OP" or "UP". I just play the damn game.
  9. susperationalman

Ok so I have some people here trying to say the scatter cannon is good and that's something I shouldn't complain about, I don't think any of you have tried it then. If you try the TR max then try the NC max or even try the VS max then the NC max will seem like the biggest most useless ****wreck in game. Now you could say stop using it then if it sucks but then wtf so other factions get good max's to use but we don't, it took 17 shot's to take out a light trooper a max of 10 feet away from me to die and if i'm to close with it, it won't render any damage it will say i'm missing. So ok maybe i'm **** but why when I get onto my TR guy get in a max I **** **** up with OP ownage?
  10. JohnnyMaverik

I do just as well playing NC and I do VS (haven't tried TR yet), I have to play differently but there are certainly strengths as well as weaknesses.
  11. icesail

The only problem we have is that there is one aspect of the game that is not balanced, and that is what makes NC feel as subpar.

FLINCHING. The amount of flinching you get is exactly the same, does not matter if you got rocked by a bullet that does 10 damage or by a sniper round that does 800.

This means that higher ROF has an advantage over high damage.

If they were to add damage calculations for flinch, so that low damage round would cause you to flinch less (but more often, since they usually have higher ROF), and a high damage round would make your flinching more severe, that would balance out the infantry.

So high damage low ROF weapons would cause more severe flintching, low damage high rof weapons would cause much smaller flinching (but more often).

This is why NC weapons feel underpower. When looking at the spreadsheets, all weapons are mostly balanced, on paper. But when you actually have someone firing back at you, the flinching causes all the imbalances, since it does not take into account damage, only ROF, but on paper the balance is achieved using both damage and rof.
    • Up x 3
  12. Cab00se187

NC weapons are terrible. Their RoF is crap and giving us more damage and burst fire doesn't change the fact that our bullets still miss more often than a VS or TR on full auto. Now with that being said learn to control your goddamn weapons NC. We are fine. Adjust your mouse sensitivity or buy a better gaming mouse for fps's.

Here's a hint for those who play a medic. Save up and get the Carnage. It's a beast of a rifle with a high RoF and is extremely accurate.
  13. iller

Nice effort, but the rationalization here is apparent to EVERYONE. You got caught and now U MAD
  14. Arklyte

Statistically, NC weapons are at a disadvantage for typical engagement range.

Practically, it's whoever gets first hit anyways, with the exception of long range combat and extremely short range combat. For longer range combat NC weapons excel (main advantage being faster bullet travel and accuracy) and in extremely short range combat it comes down to DPS which is pretty much on par.

I've found using the NC rifles as medic, that semi-auto is preferable to full-auto or burst fire. Whenever I'm outside of my ideal combat range I run/hide and get myself into an advantageous position. When in my optimal engagement range, I aim at the body and within 5 rounds I usually get a kill.

It's not simply about being a "better player" for NC, the NC guns just take more time to become basically proficient with, and are much more rewarding to the tactical player.

I'm not going to bother including the case of max units.
  15. Process39

I suggest we buff the vanguard. This will be reasonable.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. ent|ty

Sorry, there's nothing wrong the NC guns. A skilled player can still hit people at distance, and up close they are real punchy for those of us who like to get in your face.

Your ad hominem attacks = irrelevant.
  17. iller

Your lousy accuracy is not Ad Hominem, you volunteered it as a central talking point yourself.
    Ad Hominem would be invoking your general knowledge of the game as "ignorant" or some other personal detail that you haven't submitted for debate. ...I could even cite your grasp of debate tactics in general since you invoked "Ad Hominem" incorrectly but I won't. Drop the issue and accept your position as overstated because there's far worse things I could have done to it.
  18. Compeer

Duel hacksaws....nuff said
  19. Sea of Ink

Umm... NC pretty much just ghost-caps the other two continents. VS and TR dominate Indar while NC stays locked in the corner during prime time hours.
  20. FireKetchup

Not sure if serious....

Also I love how everyone latches on to scatmaxes, pretty much the ONE thing NC has that has some sort of advantage over the other factions. Let me guide you through a quick thought exercise. You know that feeling you have about scatmaxes being OP? Well apply it to every other aspect of the game, and you arrive at the NC player's experience.

And by the way, there's a video floating around somewhere that demonstrates a dual mercy max will beat an NC max in all scenarios.
    • Up x 1