How to decimate a tank line as an Infiltrator.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Village, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Village

Tanks got you down? Try this simple solution! Playing on my NC alt.

• Up x 19
  2. Marlord

Those guys are dumb as hell.

Wll done, though. I don't know if it is their stupidity or your skill, but this is amazing.
  3. Fishie

Fun stuff. I hope I'll run into a clueless zerg like that someday.
    • Up x 2
  4. Xander Payne

def their stupidity. though that was well done on your part though. Done that a few times myself, but never for as long as usually they aren't so slow on the uptake
  5. jihadmonkey75

Very clever dude. Nice job. I like how even after they realized what was shooting at them they still continued to stay.
    Also I love how you casually turned around and capped the vanu guy just staring at you.
    • Up x 1
  6. Rigsta

lol @ that headshot. I'll bet that surprised him.

/facepalm @ that scythe. I get the feeling he was new.

Those tank drivers did seem to be asleep though - I usually only get 1 before they catch on and shell my turret to bits. Nice vid, have a +1.
  7. OldMaster80

Well done.
    I must say you had a considerable dose of luck: when you're hacking you have keep E pressed, and turn yourself to check if anyone is coming! You can do that without to stop hacking. Then the Scythe guy has been officially awarded to Planetside 2013 Awards - Category: Worst Pilot. :D
    You also did the trick because it was at night, and during night we're less visible. Doing that during the day, with our silly Hunter cloaking device, is amost impossible.
    • Up x 1
  8. Zombo

i like doing that, too, can be hard to get to the turrets but if theres someone in them theres a bonus kill just waiting to be collected

i found it hard to kill tanks with the stationary turret though, since normally they adapt quickly and just drive around while shooting at you
  9. Fed

Extremely well done sir. Hats off to you. This was a great run.
  10. GSZenith

did something similar the other night, got away with 6mag 1 sunder a few ppl on foot and 2 very angry pod kids, for some reason mag drivers have the brain of a very tiny creature.
  11. ArcMinuteLight

The Vanu guy was popped out of the turret he hacked, he turned around to quickly kill him before he noticed.
  12. NovaAustralis

L.O.L.
    This is my favourite thing to do as an Infil too.
    ;-)

Here are the highlights:
    0:10 = clueless noob ejected from hacked turret, stands there confused and is head-shotted from 3 feet away
    0:18 = Magrider 1 presents its behind for 3 shots
    0:23 = UH OH busted!
    0:27 = coolly execute Lightning 1 kill, then...
    0:30 = turn to see who's shooting at you, a Scythe
    0:35 = two shot kill herp derp Scythe 1 pilot *facepalm*
    0:42 = Lightning 2 killed
    0:51 = Lightning 3 killed
    1:01 = Magrider 2 killed
    1:07 = UH OH busted again!
    1:16 = get off a few more shots then pop and run, dodge shots and cloak like a pro
    1:27 = hack an Anti-Air turret bold as brass
    1:38 = Scythe 2 shot down (he was already damaged to be fair), pop and move
    1:56 = hack another Anti-Vehicle turret like a boss
    2:06 = Magrider 3 killed
    2:15 = Magrider 4 killed
    2:20 = busted a third time!
    2:25 = Lightning 4 killed, oh and gain a BR! lol
    2:33 = Magrider 5 killed
    2:43 = let off some more shots, pop and run
    2:48 = the VS superior RoF ends an awesome spree

GRAND TOTAL:
    5 Magriders, 4 Lightnings, 2 Scythes, 2 anti-vehicle turrets hacked, 1 anti-air turret hacked, 1 head-shot kill,
    all in less than 3 mins!

Respect fellow NC Infil, respect.
  13. Sandzibar

14. hostilechild

Amazing how silly vehicle drivers can be at times, they always seem to assume someone else will go get the turret. Obviously not an outfit or comms would have had a squad on you.

Nice job of VS ownage :D
  15. Flag

The what now? It's like you've not fought TR as of late...
  16. RobinTheRude

Both NC and VS can get weapons with higher RoF than anything the TR can get.
  17. Village

TR - 7 weapons with 750rpm (with larger magazine capacity and ammo pool)
    VS - 1 weapon with 750rpm
    NC - 1 weapon with 750rpm
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rpm&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

TR - 3 weapons with 800rpm (with larger magazine capacity and ammo pool)
    VS - 2 weapons with 800rpm
    NC - 1 weapon with 800rpm
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rpm&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

TR - 2 weapons with 845rpm (with larger magazine capacity and ammo pool)
    VS - 1 weapon with 845rpm
    NC - 1 weapon with 845rpm

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  18. Kenshin02

It is great to do this with aircraft as well. During large sieges, find out which base they are going to refill their ammo and repair. Infiltrate that base, and as soon as those half hp aircraft come to repair and refill, hack a turret and shoot them to death! If you are at a tech plant, you can even shoot them with the anti tank turrets on the top.

Well, after your first kill, be sure to hide for a while because they are most certainly coming with blood in their eyes to get their revenge.

Eventually they might destroy the turrets. Then you can hack a terminal, spawn as a heavy, hide and wait for the next aircraft. A rocket can 1 shot the fighters. After you kill it, respawn as an infiltrator, lay low for a while and repeat.

This is very fun to do at Vanu Archives by the way, the terminal is very close to the air pads, and after destroying an aircraft, use the jump pads to go to the ground level and they will never find you!

Of course, this is all easier said than done, and you may waste a long time finding the right base, but it can still bring good results...
    • Up x 2
  19. Brickwalker

L M A O

thats hilarious.

I love how barely anyone comes to try and hunt you down.
  20. NovaAustralis

K. Thanks for that.
    Can you now provide RECOIL info?
    Also, if it's not too much trouble, can you provide BULLET DROP info too?