EMP Grenade possible changes

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Zerotrigger, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Zerotrigger

So i bought the EMP grenade today and honestly i find it very underwhelming for 200 certs.

Its can disable personal shields, and enemy equipment. (mines, c4, ect) As is right now its completely pointless and outclassed by normal frag grenades.

Imo I believe that the emp grenade should be able to stun vehicles, leaving them immobile and not able to fire for say around 4-5 seconds. Inf would be able to disable vehicles so that HA, friendly vehicles, ect could finish them off, giving them a kind of pseudo anti vehicle option while adding to there team utility.
  2. KukKung

yah i was very disappointed int he EMP after hearing / reading high opinions on it. i got them knowing the effects, what they failed to mentioned that even thow they take down infantry ability. they failed to say that its not permanent for a short period, after testing it on friends several different times on different classes this is not worth getting by anymeans.

yes it will take heavy shield or uncloak a inf. but what people may not realize is that, the enemy can use their ability right away. even testing it on my self, i could re-activate my cloak once it went down. so what is the point of having an EMP besides to clear mines. when i can simply just toss in a grenade instead and possibly get some kills at the same time.

besides losing your map and hud display, and fuzzy screen for a few seconds in the heat of the battle all you need to see is the enemy around you, which they can plainly see.

bottom line: do not waste your certs on this.
  3. Village

It should temporarily disable weapons and vehicles also in my opinion, although disabling weapons could be overpowered it certainly needs more utility than it has now.
  4. Xiphos

It would be pretty useful if it could disable vehicle engines for a while. Vehicles that are sitting ducks are much easier to kill. I can almost taste the Magrider tears.
  5. Ravenorth

I think disabling weapons is too op, but it could for example make your aiming go reverse, like when you aim left it goes right etc. It would still give skilled players chance to fight back.

I agree with disabling vehicles for a short time, but It should also nullify every specia ability, medics self-healing, LA jetpacks and HA shields. Currently it works only on HA and only when his shield is activated during the hit.
  6. MrIDoK

I bought them yesterday just because i like the concept behind them, but they need a LOT more to them to be useful. Yes, if i throw one in a group of enemies they are disoriented for enough time to allow my squad to storm them... But a normal granade would have been more useful at that: some enemies would have been dead, some with their shields disabled and only the lucky ones (or the flak-armored ones) would have been unharmed.
    Some suggestions:

- Disables vehicle main weapons and slows down secondaries aim and rof (which means also the guns on sundies and flashes), slows down engines, disables optics.
    - Locks in place MAXes (their armor is probably full of circuits to allow movement) and slows down their aim.
    - Disables terminals, but doesn't destroy them.
    - Increased shield disruption duration and ability cooldown duration (20 seconds without shields and 10 seconds before the ability recharges.
    - Disables turret shields and Engis hit by EMP cannot place ammo or turrets

Aaaaand that's it. For a granade that costs 70 resources it would be nice and would give infils some usefullness when facing armored units.
  7. OldMaster80

Disabling weapons would be a little too much, imho.

It would just fine if they could do all they did in Planetside 1. Beside disappearing HUD and depleting shield, they should:
    - Special skills and temporarily disabled. Which means that you cannot just press F and switch them on again. To be clear: HA hit by an EMP should be unable to use the shield for 5-6 seconds, LA shouldn't be able to fly and so on.
    - Vehicles should be unable to fire for a few seconds. This is imho the best effect as vehicle's total shutdown could be a little too much. A vehicle that cannot shoot can just flee away, and that's fine.
    - MANA turrets should be temporarily disabled.
    - Base turrets should be temporarily unable to fire. In addition, they could also kick out the gunner.
    - Landmines, claymores and C4 should be totally disabled by EMP grenades. In PS1 the effect was an explosion, in PS2 imho it would be ok if they were just neutralized without exploding.
  8. Takoita

If standart frags would no longer 'defuse' any explosives in their blast radius, the demand for EMP nades would certainly increase XD
  9. GSZenith

mag tears...mmm "enters a nice daydream"

edit: even better force the vehicle to back as well...all those mags on the hill sliding backwards to their doom....
  10. MrIDoK

Today i had my first kill thanks to a emp:
    I see this guy jumping around the same area with his jetpack, i couldn't headshot him and i didn't want him to escape immediately... So i throw a grenade and he stops there, looking around in shock. A simple hit with the TSAR and he goes down.

If it wasn't so situational i'd always use it... And the situations where it's useful are so rare that it feels like a waste of certs and resources. Luckily once you max out the nades you don't have to spend any more resources because you won't ever need to use those bloody things.
  11. Weirdkitten

Make them like Ps1 emp grenades. Same effect as today + disable vehicle weapons for 5-6 seconds + detonate all explosives (friendly or enemy) in effect radius. Maybe also disable nightvision scopes.