Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Omally, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Omally

Didn't the shields around the SCU's use to prevent bullets from coming through? I could have sworn they did. What did this get changed or have I been a silly boy for a long time?
  2. Playful Pony

Hmm, maybe something have changed since I played, haven't logged on today and didn't yesterday but... Last time I was in the position to, I could stand as close as possible to the SCU shield, and at this point I was able to shoot trough it. I assumed it was a bug and reported.

I don't think you are supposed to be able to shoot trough them though, right? Or are you? I have only once actually needed to shoot anyone trough the shield, and that is when the above mentioned bug apeared.
  3. vrcarnage

They use to but, quite a while ago. It was one of those things that came when they introduced the over charge to the geni.
  4. MarkAntony

Wait, are you telling me i can shoot people behind the SCU shield???
  5. Omally

When did they do that? I remember being able to stand inside the shield of the tech plant that surrounded a SCU and I could shoot out of it but i was safe from the enemy shooting at me. This was last month.
  6. MarioO

I think they should work like spawn room shields. You can shoot through if they belong to your team, but enemies shouldn't be able to shoot through.

I was killed with a normal gun through a SCU shield that belonged to my faction a few day ago, though...
  7. Nephera

they used to be one way like spawn shields but they changed pretty recently.

its actually still safe to hide behind them often times because people still think they cant shoot through them
  8. Omally

Pretty stupid if you ask me.
  9. LameFox

Is this a bug, or did they do it on purpose?

I saw a biolab SCU get compromised today, looked over to it and the shield was up... at the time I assumed it had been repaired with someone inside. I wonder if they're just defective at the moment instead.
  10. vrcarnage

Supposedly from what I understood was people would camp the locations and keep the other forces from taking the room because they could shoot out. It basically gave the defender a way to keep that area under control w/ no chance of loss.
  11. LameFox

Wait... what? The shield isn't anywhere it could defend its own generator as far as I've seen, how were people able to do that by sitting in it?
  12. vrcarnage

A defending force can allocate a group of infi behind the shields.

How it would work was when someone was prepping the blow the shield geni they would send a force to secure the room prior to the shields going down. The said oposing force was in that room behind the shield killing any attackers that came in w/o any chance of death.

As it stands now if the attacking force is trying to attack that room the defending force has to actuall defend it vs standing behind a shield and picking of people.
  13. mlane16

Yeah they don't anymore.
  14. LameFox

That has to be the most insignificant problem ever solved. o_O Even now I never see people milling around a shield waiting for it to go down, unless it's an amp station because then they've taken that room already by the time the generator dies, and the defenders are camped in the spawn...
  15. vrcarnage

Oh I agree but, you know how it works. You get a couple of people on the forum that start yapping about an issue and thats that.
  16. 13lackCats

All Shield Matadors are crazy. Get away from the spawn!
  17. Stellus

http://3.bp.************/_Ypm0Gg7kMkw/TJLNuDOOmGI/AAAAAAAAAdQ/pQWHJMWst0w/s400/Sheldon-Cooper-I-am-not-crazy-My-mother-had-me-tested.jpg#sheldon%20cooper%20quotes%20300x400
    • Up x 1