[Suggestion] Dual wielding pistols

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by the pestimist, Jan 17, 2013.

1. the pestimist

To me pistols are pretty useless ad hard to use especially the nc ones and might attract more players to the game it would make infiltrators more close combat to maybe to balance it out only infiltrators can dual wield pistol i know they can program it in the max dual wield so i think an infiltrator should be able to dual wield two.
    p.s i don't want stupid comments thank you
  2. Compass

How would dual wielding pistols attract more people to the game? And why should Infiltrators be the only one to dual wield pistols?
  3. FateJH

With two recoil paths, at least it would increase the TTK for anything you try to shoot at. :)
  4. Sinoby

And while we are at it, can we add instakill silent dual balistic knives? /sarcasm

Pistols are powerful (nc one deals 200dmg per shot), aim for the head.
  5. Grotpar

This is a terrible idea.
    • Up x 2
  6. JohnnyMaverik

They aren't, I can win 1 vs 1 fights with my pistol, NC pistols are not UP compared to other factions pistols, aim better. Give me 2 pistols and I will not use my primary in CQC and will ***** own everything.
  7. Roxputin

make
    them
    gold
    while
    you
    are
    at
    it
  8. Ghroznak

I want to dual wield sawed-off shotguns with my Light Assault.
  9. Avior

I want an Indiana Jones whip too!
    • Up x 1
  10. the pestimist

why do u think i said only infiltrators should have so they have a chance in cqc.
  11. Compass

Why should infantry need to have a chance in CQC with pistols? They have access to the 20-round spam rifles and theoretically SMGs.
  12. JohnnyMaverik

Why should infiltrators have a CQC buff when they are already the best at range and can hack an entire base apart (I do this all the time before you try and say it's not a big deal... watching an Engi running around trying to work out how to switch to Infil so he can hack back the air terminal and spawn his ESF for 10 mins before he gives up and runs off into the sunset is ***** funny).

With the pistol combined with good positioning and use of the cloak I can easily get CQC kills as infiltrator in 1v1 situations, give me dual pistols and I won't even bother cloaking, the damage I'll be putting out will make Max's tremble, let alone infantry.
  13. DarthGoogle

Right. So instead of two bursts into someone's head ill need one now.

Sounds balanced.
  14. Vashyo

I want to akimbo my fists but u can't do that in the game.
  15. warmachine1

Dual wielding has its cons.
    But NO for infiltrators!
  16. the pestimist

for who then.
  17. the pestimist

well i guess nc infiltrator has no chance vs infantry face to face and they are infiltrators not snipers.
  18. bushy

coming from a standard NC point of view.2 of our standard pistols would be OP unless it was only effective under 5m,TR would definately be OP,not sure about VS though.

I'm all for added choices if it balanced.
  19. bluEyedillusions

What has call of duty done to people's brains?
  20. JohnnyMaverik

You kidding me I love that NC pistol. Also infiltrators are infiltrators and snipers (or else why would you have sniper rifles and why would some people play them primarily as snipers). I play Infil as Infil, as I suck with sniper rifles and feel no need to practice, but when I want to hack everything in a base to make it easier to take or occasionally just because I can, I pick infil. Only thing I would change about Infil is how effective the cloak is as a cloak for people playing on medium and above settings... way too easy to see.