Jan 16th Hotfix: Optics changes - clarity needed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crowbar Sr, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Crowbar Sr

I'm very curious as to what viewing ranges have been tuned. Any chance we could please have specific values so I know whether or not to keep my certs in the event I need to change?

Thanks
    • Up x 1
  2. Dulu

What do you mean? They're nerfing IR/Thermal scopes so they're going to be much less effective against infantry.
  3. exLupo

He's wanting to know the view range.
  4. AnnPerkins

Could be upping the range to be the same as nv or it could be a nerf. Kind of hard to tell by what they wrote.
  5. Tapioca Express

since its nerf air season, they're probably making the ir/thermal's range be similar to the infantry NS/IR scope. Either way it wont really matter unless you're specifically infantry hunting.

This really is all just a scheme to get everyone to buy their lock on rocket launchers because there still isn't going to be any way for air to fight back against lock-on ground rockets from unrendered heavies. Making target acquisition harder is just going to be silly.
  6. PharmD

Few more hours and we will know.
  7. Lucidius134

Can you stop making new threads about this. There's 2 on this page.
  8. exLupo

Infantry NV is extremely short range (200m ish for grey shadows) compared to vehicle NV and Therm. I'm hoping it's not being made -that- short because, jesus, what'd be the point?

I'm eager to see what impact the package of tweaks have on the current state of lib farming. I'm guessing almost no impact on single libs bottling platoons into spawn points as that's more of an issue of being unable to return fire. However, the lib's efficacy when attacking troops in open field should be cut down by a fair bit.

Feeling like it'll be shifting towards a more Anti-Vehicle tool as opposed to an Anti-Everything dominator. I'm ok with that. Now, if they can do something about libs out-dogfighting ESFs with the anti-tank gun...
  9. Crowbar Sr

This is the information I'm looking for. It's unclear whether or not it's a nerf/buff for either of the optics.
  10. Pixelshader

I think they will make IR and thermal have equal range so that thermal is worth 200 certs. Perhaps the same range thermal has right now.
  11. Xasapis

That would make sense. In any case, having a big IR range was negated with the inability to see anything infantry on the ground anyway. Even if they half the IR range, if they don't fix the draw distance, it'll make little difference. Well, unless you are on an empty server.