Whatever this gun is, I want it

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Cryptek

[IMG]

Does anyone know what this originally was? or have ideas to what it could potentially have been/be(oh yes please)
  2. Brusilov [TR]

I was thinking recently how cool it would be if they offered VS MAX Units a single 2h rifle style gun, instead of their stupid crab claws! I guess I must have been thinking of this concept art subconsciously :)
  3. Quiiliitiila

That looks distinctly bio-mechanical. Which furthers my belief that there is no person inside the suit :p
  4. Fed

Has a Vash the Stampede angel arm gun thingy feel to it.
    [IMG]
  5. SinerAthin

Wouldn't surprise me if the suit was similar to the suit in Crysis, as in that it 'attached' itself to the person.

Basically becoming a part of you until you removed it in some special way.
  6. Quiiliitiila

Like Venom in the new Spider Man movies? That's a pretty sick idea as well.
    [IMG]
  7. SinerAthin

That's the cool stuff about alien tech, limitless possibilities :p

Only downside that I could imagine is getting out of that thing you might require some help, so once you stepped in it, you'd be in it for the rest of the mission ;o
    But, by the sound of it, it's still the most 'comfy' MAX suit of all the factions, if that's any relief :D
  8. ScorpDK

Conceptigun, the kind of things that appear on promo artwork and sketches, but is never again seen in the actual game :D
    Kinda like the awesome helmets from early promo screenshots. They're nowhere to be found :3

Could be a rifle of some kind, maybe a lightning or energy-beam weaponry... I dunno, we probably will never know XD
    • Up x 1
  9. Ghodere

Hnnnnnnngh. That concept art, it looks like a bio-mechanical, symbiotic, creepy transhumanism-gone-too-far GLORY. As opposed to, uh, whatever it is we have now.
  10. Xocolatl

Looks nifty. I wouldn't mind the single weapon + free arm look either, but I'm not sure how this would be implemented in the game.
  11. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Looks like a Lancer.
  12. Fethrion

Looks like he needs to compensate for something. Vanu...
  13. Syntera

Actually that is a Logistics Max, wielding a large alien tape dispenser.

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  14. MrMchale

looks like something needing to be put down by the TR... cool but heresy and treason...

Wish they had of put something like that in.. looks like it would be cool to fight.
  15. Cryptek

My god.. the prophecies were true!

With this mighty weapon at my disposal, I shall silence ALL the forum whiners! Starting with myself :x

-mmhp.. mhp mhp mmhp!- *and now for the rest of the forum!*
    • Up x 1
  16. Cryptek

Eh I doubt getting out of a TR/NC suit is easy either, they probably get bolted into those :p

Personally I think it'd fit the vanu mentality to make huge, biomechanoid cyborgs, I mean if you look at the anatomy in game, no human could fit inside it.
  17. SinerAthin

Don't think they fill every part of it, it's probably like an extra bio-mechanical body over their own.
  18. Isila

I miss the original VS MAX design. The Vanu Sovereignty: Putting the 'Suit' in 'MAX Suit'.

[IMG]
  19. TheEvilBlight

650 armor for the win, just don't leave personal shield at home.
    (For perspective, the heaviest infantry armor was 200/100 vs the 650/100 of a MAX).
  20. XenomorphZZ

Might of actually been the VS MAX flamethrower...