VS or TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Steuern, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Steuern

I like both, any real substantial evidence to show one superior or purely preference? I usually play infiltrator, LA, or HA. Thanks!
  2. Fed

I bleed purple, and so should you! Realistically it boils down to playstyle preference and outfit choices in my mind...
  3. Clutchstep

4. Steuern

Well I guess I worded that poorly, what are the real differences between them? I am...admittedly poor at aiming and I know TR has "better" (allegedly) fire rates, but lower damage. Would I do better as VS then?
  5. Steuern

I wanna bleed something cool D: atm I bleed red...how normal of me.
  6. Ganelon

VS, Orion and Magrider reign supreme.
  7. SzeronTzur

Infantry weapons are relatively similiar. VS are generally easier to use, although the TR do have a far superior pistol - useful for infiltrators and emergencies.

TR have a better AI MAX, VS have a more versatile MBT. I'd say try them both and see which one you prefer.
  8. QuantumMechanic

Play all 3 factions up to BR10 and then decided which you want as your "main". Yes, try NC too. They are a lot better than the NC whiners lead on... And worst case you have a good idea of what capabilities your enemies have to bring against you.
  9. Clutchstep

Actually TR has better damage than VS in general. They tend to have larger clips and higher rate of fire. VS weapons are generally more accurate but do less damage at range, have a similar rate of fire but smaller clips.

Its more about personal preference than anything else. Create a couple of characters and try them out.
  10. Steuern

I can't argue with that... may as well try. Whichever I do the best with i'll probably stick with. I have spent some money on TR though, fortunately I chose to sub rather than buy much more SC. =)
  11. Steuern

Hmm..I have the most trouble at range, but i'm giving VS a go tonight. Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it.
  12. QuantumMechanic

You can create multiple characters of different factions on the same server, btw (up to 3 chars). So if you are fond of a particular server you can stay there. Just don't pick a low population server for your region. Take a look here:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/server_status.php
  13. Banick

VS.

Orion, no bullet drop. You'll love it.