The Crown will receive an defensive nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nehemia, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Nehemia

Have you guys seen these changes yet?
    I imagine there will be more "minor" adjustments which give the offensive force better cover, making the advancing up the hill essentially easier.
    Source, twitter.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. maxkeiser

I don't see it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Xasapis

It wouldn't surprise me. They want people spread all over the continent, not stuck in one spot putting the server on fire and whining for low draw distance.
    • Up x 2
  4. BlueJohn

who cares about the crown? cross roads is were it is at now
  5. Nathaniak

Apparenly it's passability changes. Also, new spawn room is visible, but it's too small to see properly...
  6. Nehemia

You aren't exactly good at the "spot the differences" game are you?
  7. Malsvir Vishe

I see the spawn room. Those are pretty nice changes.
  8. Thagyr

Looks like a new path from the southeastern side on the left image, as well as moving the spawn. The middle image shows that the TR have taken over the facility and planted a new tree on the main road (TR hippies). Can't really see what's on the right.
  9. FeiXue

I almost don't believe it! Subtle changes, see how it goes, redo based on feedback ....
    Who are you and what have you done with my SOE!? ;)
  10. Ysanne

It was changed for the better:

Before: Owned by Vanu
    After: Owned by TR

Sounds like a correct buff to me.

And a new tree has been deployed, a serious anti aircraft weapon. I have lost more Mosquitos to trees than to Skyguards
  11. Nehemia

Apparently there's an new "hidden stairs to Mordor" in middle of the screen (it looks like an road).
  12. maxkeiser

This. On Woodman there are brutal battles around crossroads the whole time. Some great fun in the adjacent field leading to Zenotech. Open field warfare with lines of infantry and tanks etc.
  13. Malsvir Vishe

On Connery:

Before: Owned by TR
    After: Owned by TR
  14. Thagyr

On Briggs the action is on Skydock. That place is a fortress with enough AA. TR always seem to make a beeline for that whenever they can just to sit and farm.
  15. FateJH

If it is there, I am having trouble seeing it. For a truly accurate comparison, the images would need to be centered by the same detail that did not change, and it's hard to tell what changed when the screenshots don't even seem to have been taken from the same angles.

I can see that a rock has been removed in the first set, and a level of undulation in the terrain leading up to the Crown looks like it might have been smoothed from the second set. The third set of images just looks zoomed and panned differently. Still looks like an uphill battle, if you pardon the pun.
  16. Banick

It will be interesting to see if one tree will allow armour to push up, and the smoothing of the SE hill will allow the decline of any defense.
  17. vrcarnage

Thats a bit goofy... It's not like the crown is super hard to take. It can be a little tough if you have a smart defensive team but, the average defensive team can be taken pretty easy w/ a cordinated attack.
  18. Canaris

oh look more infantry cover and routes up to the Crown.... I wonder who suggested that after the first Tech Test battle up there so long agoo_O

though I bet they didn't bother adding in more over the other side of the road/ridge that leads to the Crossroads which is also needed
  19. bendplz

The crown reminds me of a tooth and we are bacteria.
    • Up x 2
  20. Nehemia

Oh, you're alive.